• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

problems with sertraline????

S

shelly

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with this drug??? My mind is racing more than ever :eek: I haven't been sleeping and feel like I might be starting a high I don't feel as depressed as I did and am exercising alot and am irritable and snappy???? Any advice would be appreciated Thanks guys :hug:

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Hi Shelly, are you taking a mood stabilizer as well? If not taking any anti-depressant on its own without a stabilizer can make the manic side of Bipolar disorder even worse! This may explain why you are feeling a bit manic on them.

Lynnie B

Lynnie B

sorry shelly,

ive never tried it, think you should see the doc thou xx

jax

jax

You mentioned this in another post some time ago. I would advise that you see your Pdoc or GP since it has been going on some time.

S

suzy

OH MY GOD why are you on this drug?

This is the drug that led to me having a serious psychotic/manic episode

Go to your docter, that drug tipped me over the edge. They didn't know I was bipolar until I was put on it..

P.S I am only speaking from personal experience, I'm not medically qualified or anything but the docter did say in hindsight it was the wrong drug for me

N

Nicola

Sertraline please help

I am having manic episodes on this drug what can I do to stop these thoughts and issues, what medication can I HAVE TO HELP ME? , IGUESS I should stop taking sertraline straight away. i feel like im going mad

S

shelly

Thanks for your replies

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your replies I have stopped this drug and will make an appointment to see the doctor. :)

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Hi Shelly have you spoken to your Doctor? It can be extremley dangerous to just stop taking a tablet I think you should seek some medical advice first.

S

suzy

Yeah I agree, this is the problem with forums you don't know what to believe. I have said some bad stuff about the drug but to suddenly stop taking it could have some effects too

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Bipolar Forum 2
A Bipolar Forum 1