• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

problems talking to people

B

bushki

hi everybody,

sorry to dish out my problems but i cant keep them bottled up any longer. this is how it currently is for me, im 23 and single and i dont seem to have any friends, its like i just woke up and realised i literally have nobody....i have about 20 numbers in my phone book and i cant phone any of them and chat, i dont even know what to talk to them about!! i dont really know who i am, i dont know what i like, dislike, what i like to do, if i even have hobbies!? its like i woke up and i dont remember anything about my self...i go out almost every weekend, but thats all i do, go out with a couple of mates and get pissed and come home and work through the week, come home and go to bed, it is pathetic i can see it is pathetic and there is nothing i can do about it! it makes me depressed and think like i am not in control of my life and i will be in the same situation 10 years from now....im in my prime i should be out all the time have lots of friends and have a girlfriend, i am not particularly un attractive so i cant see what it is....i look at myself objectivly all the time and try to figure out what i do that puts people off....cant think of anything...!? can any body help this needy loner lol!

D

DasVry

hi bushki,

I'm in a somewhat similar situation like you. I'm not really the best person when it comes to giving advice.. but my suggestion is, to list your own qualities and answer questions about yourself. What are your strong points? What are the things you're good at? What best describes you? What are the things you enjoy that you end up doing or spending time with the most?

I think it might help too if you approach one or maybe a couple of your buddies and just ask them, what they think about you. Or whats the impression they get when they're around you. I know that for guys it might be difficult to do this.. coz they might think "oh you're coming on to them" (jk) in a different way.. :p But yea, just let them know beforehand. :cool:

I know, being stuck in the same routine everyday could really take a toll on you physically and mentally. So maybe try breaking off from that cycle? Do something different, something that you don't usually do and maybe wanted to do for a long time?

Hope this helps!

B

bushki

hi bushki,

I'm in a somewhat similar situation like you. I'm not really the best person when it comes to giving advice.. but my suggestion is, to list your own qualities and answer questions about yourself. What are your strong points? What are the things you're good at? What best describes you? What are the things you enjoy that you end up doing or spending time with the most?

I think it might help too if you approach one or maybe a couple of your buddies and just ask them, what they think about you. Or whats the impression they get when they're around you. I know that for guys it might be difficult to do this.. coz they might think "oh you're coming on to them" (jk) in a different way.. :p But yea, just let them know beforehand. :cool:

I know, being stuck in the same routine everyday could really take a toll on you physically and mentally. So maybe try breaking off from that cycle? Do something different, something that you don't usually do and maybe wanted to do for a long time?

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the advice Das. how are you in a similar position to me?

its really sad, but i think i have been feeling like this for some time now and it has built up and up and this is what im left with lol....i think i care too much about what people think about me, i dont say things because im a little bit dry i like banter alot and people dont know how to take me, especially women, i always get the vibe that they either dont want to talk to me or actually hate me, sounds mental but thats what i believe to be true lol...another bad point is that i seem to think im better at everything than i actually am, and thus if i fail it really damages my "pride" and i think thats it, maybe too big an ego? like i dont want to ask my mates what they are doing because it looks like i have nothing to do (which is true) but i dont want them to know that, if you see what i am saying?

in regards to breaking the routine, i try to do as many different things as possible, but i dont like doing them alone, i always want a friend around to do it with me, because if there isnt anyone there that i know, i just wont talk to anybody because they wont talk to me....i think people see me as being arrogant but im really not!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L People 3
R People 1
M People 3