problems filling in esa50 form.

A

a depressive

Hi all.

I have to fill in my esa50 form to see if I still qualify for the benefits I am on, I have done this quite a few times in the past, but this year I do not know what to write. I am experiencing a level of depression beyond anything that I have experienced before and I just do not know how to describe it. The forms ask how it affects your day-to-day life, it affects every aspect of my life, it is my life,but how do I explain that to someone not versed in mental health problems? How do I explain the increase in suicidal ideation has increased to the point where I have made plans. How do I explain that I have started self-harming since these forms came in?

Please give me advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Misssy2

do you have a clinician

A clinician could help you fill out this form...
Think about your daily life.

Do you have sleeping problems? (i.e. I am up every 2 hours during the night)

Do you take medications that make you feel groggy? (the medications I take make it impossible for me to function for 3-4 hours after waking)

Do you have problems getting along with others? (Have you been in work situations or public situations where you have showed inappropriate anger or aggression)?

Who cooks your meals? Or do you resort to fast foods most of the time?

Have you had any counseling? (I attend counseling 1x a month and what you are working on).

Are you unable to keep up with daily chores? (I do one load of laundry a week only due to necessity).

Who does food shopping? (I am unable to do a full load of shopping and go to the store when something is desperately needed).

Do you shower regulary? (I do not shower regulary as I am usually unable to decide what clothes to where and do not feel the "energy" needed to take a shower).

Are there people that live with you that help you with daily activities? Such as cleaning (or do you hire someone in to keep up with the daily messes)...My sister comes over once a week to clean the house.

Do you have friends? I have no friends because most of the time I will decline invitations because I have no desire to interact with others.

I think the most important thing is if you have any of these issues that you are seeing a mental health counselor...and on meds....