problem with psychiatrist

M

miffed

hi I am new to this forum, I wanted to ask some of you about what I should re my psych.
basically he hasn’t been playing by the rules and has been really dominating and I am quite worried about it. he seems to think he is some kind of king that can make me do what he wants and its all his personal choice. the main thing I am worried about is that he was saying he can forcibly make me have a stay in hospital and take meds etc. but he didn’t say anything about the section procedure. so I checked it out when I got home and apparently its supposed to be 3x doctors all agreeing that you are a danger to yourself or to other people in which case I would have thought there was no possibility of that happening. but he said that if HE personally thinks I am ill then HE can make me go to hospital and that I also need to see him and the CPN or else. he didn’t say anything about other doctors agreeing and nothing about it being on the basis of being at risk of self harm.
if he was legit then I wouldnt be too worried since theres really no way they could claim I was a risk to myself or others but he is clearly not too bothered about the rules so I am worried aobut it. Do any of you know much about this kind of thing?

Rod Whiteley

Rod Whiteley

It might depend on where you are, because the section procedure is a legal thing and it depends what laws apply to you. He might know two tame doctors who will go along with anything he says. In that case he's right, he only has to say the word. Or he might be bluffing to make you do what he wants.

Either way it's unprofessional, and you might want to take advice locally on whether to make a complaint against him. Making a complaint is very stressful, though, and often it doesn't really get you anywhere.

What do you think it is that made him become dominating like this?

M

miffed

What do you think it is that made him become dominating like this?
I was looking at it the other way around: that someone who really wants to dominate people couldn't find a better place to work than as a psych since none of the victims will ever be believed.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

I was looking at it the other way around: that someone who really wants to dominate people couldn't find a better place to work than as a psych since none of the victims will ever be believed.
Take it from me, some psychiatrists are power tripping and if he's leaning toward putting you in hospital for no good reason, I'd head for the hills and never see him again.

L

Lilac

Rod Whiteley; Either way it's unprofessional said:
I agree making a complaint often doesn't get you anywhere I have just spoken to PALs and no they do not know who is dealing with the case, no they do not know which senior manager is going to respond, yes they do know fifteen years is slightly long for a complaint not to be dealt with, they cannot deal with any complaint about clinicians they do what they want and can't be stopped.
Yes they do think it is ok to call well people sick and yes they do think it is ok for them to cost me tens of thousands of pounds. They are literally insane and the woman was shouting at me down the phone and very irritible which shows according to them that she is sectionable.
And strangely enough I did say I would complain in writing and blow me my email isn't working.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

hi I am new to this forum, I wanted to ask some of you about what I should re my psych.
basically he hasn’t been playing by the rules and has been really dominating and I am quite worried about it. he seems to think he is some kind of king that can make me do what he wants and its all his personal choice. the main thing I am worried about is that he was saying he can forcibly make me have a stay in hospital and take meds etc. but he didn’t say anything about the section procedure. so I checked it out when I got home and apparently its supposed to be 3x doctors all agreeing that you are a danger to yourself or to other people in which case I would have thought there was no possibility of that happening. but he said that if HE personally thinks I am ill then HE can make me go to hospital and that I also need to see him and the CPN or else. he didn’t say anything about other doctors agreeing and nothing about it being on the basis of being at risk of self harm.
if he was legit then I wouldnt be too worried since theres really no way they could claim I was a risk to myself or others but he is clearly not too bothered about the rules so I am worried aobut it. Do any of you know much about this kind of thing?
Sorry. I don't know. I thought some of my past Psychiatrists were bad?!