Problem with Prescription

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
Hey

Because I knew they'd be shut over Christmas and then again on New Year's, I rang my repeat prescription for Fluoxetine through early..but when I went to collect it from the Pharmacy, it wasn't there. It was no problem as at this point it was still early. They said they'd send a message through to the doctors when they went to collect the prescriptions. I went back tonight, having run out on New Year's Eve and they still haven't got it, a message had been sent back from the doctors saying they don't know what I want - even though I know it was ordered as I rang myself. They're obviously closed until Monday now, and I don't know what to do as I will have been off it for a good few days by the time it comes through. Atm I'm just really annoyed, cos this happened last time too, but they sorted it out and gave me my prescription when I went down to the surgery..but I can't this time! :unsure: Any ideas?!

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
You could ring your out of hours doctors number or NHS direct for advice.
Kp

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
yer I would def ring out of hours or NHS direct a prescription can usually be sorted

x

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
I rang Doctors on Call, and the nurse basically told me it's my own fault - even though it's not :mad:. So..I went back to pharmacy and they sold me 5 days worth until we could get the prescription off the doctors because I had proof that I'd been prescribed it. :)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Well done!

I'm too wary of the link between GP's and pharmacys to risk them sending the prescription down to them - I have visions of them disapearing!

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hmm yer I know what you mean honey.. i once requested mine and I got a 7 days supply of 10mg instead of a 14 day supply of 40mg!
Glad you got sort though xx