• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Probably the Strangest Situation Ever...I Must Be Crazy

N

noone

Let me start by explaining a little bit about myself. First of all, I am a male who is a senior in high school. For my whole life, I have never been able to feel real love. Not toward my parents, nor my siblings, nor anyone else. I never knew why and I never cared much. This continued until high school. Then I had a problem. I met someone and we became friends. However, as time went on more and more and I got to know this person, I began to think about them all the time. Eventually, I would want to see them all the time. There were other strange and unusual feelings as well, but I eventually realized that I loved them. However, I had a major problem. This person was a boy. The thing that is strange is that I never wanted to have physical relations with this person, only "platonic" relations, if that makes any sense. I loved this person so much I could not imagine life without them. However let me explain even more. I was never really good friends with this person, I mean, I considered them my best friend but they did not consider me one of theirs really. Still, we were good friends. Then he started to do a lot of social things without me, and it made me feel rejected. Things gradually got worse and we grew apart. We were still friends, but then I decided to tell him how I felt for some stupid reason. He said it was ok but I could tell this was not good. Ever since then, he seems to be breaking almost all ties to me and possibly doing stranger things. We argue a lot over text messages now and tonight he basically told me that he didn't care about me at all. I realized this for a while, but this confirmation made me very sad and upset. Regardless, for a long time now, I have been severely depressed about the whole situation. I simply have no idea what to do. This issue is consuming my life. I can not imagine living without this person yet I know that I will probably never even really be friends with them again. Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do about his. Like I said, it's very weird but its all very true. Please, someone, help me.

Magenta

Magenta

I can see how this would be confusing for you, and I'm sorry that when you finally found someone you deeply cared for they didn't return the feeling. Unfortunately, almost everyone goes through something like this in their life and those who don't are very very lucky.

The only real way to move on from it is to find someone else you feel the same way for, someone you feel close to and want to spend time with. I understand that it is difficult, and it can take a long time but it is so worth it when you do. Remember, you won't feel this way forever, and you certainly don't sound crazy. You were just unlucky this time :)