• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

probably depressed also adhd mostly lonely. please any advice would be awesome.

T

thewellone

probably depressed also adhd mostly lonely. please any advice would be awesome.

Let me start by saying I need therapy but I cannot possibly afford it at this point. I'm 28yo male, married with 1 daughter 5yo. I really don't know how deep I should go into all of this don't want to push anyone with helpful info away with 1,000 words. Basically I'm almost positive I'm depressed, I was diagnosed with adhd 6 months ago and while the stimulants have helped me think clearer they do nothing for the lonely empty feeling of heartbreak I usually seem to carry around. Wife and I are essentially high school sweet hearts married now for 7yrs, I love her and my daughter more than anything I have ever loved. My wife is usually unhappy with me for some reason and she threatens to take my daughter and leave me by myself almost every time we argue. The feelings I get when she does this prevent me from accomplishing anything productive which only affects me and my family in a non positive way. My father passed away from cancer in 2009 at 42yo which I cant get over because I feel I was robbed of years of memories with him. His mother passed away a year later (also cancer), she raised me as her own from a baby till 10yo she was my image of a great mother growing up. I could go on forever but idk how much everyone on these forums can handle, just want someone to talk to.

cassandra36

cassandra36

I am so Sorry to hear your plight, it sounds as if your wife wants out of the marriage. I have been divorced twice. If you are married and lonely it's probably a dead marriage, Sorry if I am being harsh. Of course you are depressed but it is because you are in a bad situation. Your wife can't just leave and never let you see your child. Think long and hard about your marriage and if it can be repaired or better to end it. You can't do all the changing and repairs either, if she's not willing then it's over.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum.
You can say as much or as little as you like here - it's your place to talk about what's going on for you.

Am I right to presume you are not based in the UK?
The reason I ask is that you say you can't afford therapy, and so i'm wondering if not having enough money would prevent you from seeing a doctor too?

I really think that if you can see a doctor, they would be able to help and perhaps know of other organisations which can offer you some support.
It may also be worth seeing if there are any bereavement support groups, as it sounds like your losses have understandably affected you very deeply. :hug1: