• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Pristiq / largactil

Micky

Micky

Hi All:)

Does anyone take PRISTIQ or LARGACTIL ??

I take both of these for my anxiety, insomnia and depression.

I wonder if anyone else takes these medications and if so what you think of them... do they help... you side effects.... or any more info???

Would help out alot.

Cheers,
Mikki:D

W

whatstheproblem?

Not heard if either I'm afraid... I've taken citalopram and propanolol...now on mirtazopine, which I've never heard of but I'm popping it like there's no tomorrow ( there might not be if they don't work!). Sorry can't be any help, hope someone responds soon xxx

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Largactil is probably better known as chlorpromazine, an antipsychotic/tranquilliser and pristiq is the brand name for desvenlafaxine, an antidepressant.

Never taken either of them myself though.

Micky

Micky

Cheers for the reply. My pschiatrist has prescribed me with both and yes he gave me those other names too, I just forgot how to spell them...

I use the chlorpromazine at night so reduce my anxiety and to help me sleep and then the desvenlafaxine every morning... not sure if that is doing anything though, it doesn't seem to be I still feel depressed as heck.

Largactil is probably better known as chlorpromazine, an antipsychotic/tranquilliser and pristiq is the brand name for desvenlafaxine, an antidepressant.

Never taken either of them myself though.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

How long have you been taking them? They take a while to kick in, like about 4 weeks.

Micky

Micky

Medication

I have been taking them for atleast 2months. They seem to work at certain times but then other times I feel like there not working at all.. Just VERY up and down... I hate it!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Depression Forum 4
M Depression Forum 1
M Depression Forum 2
M Depression Forum 1
C Depression Forum 2