• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Pristiq for Anxiety

FloofyPuppers

FloofyPuppers

Has anyone taken Pristiq 50mg for Generalized Anxiety Disorder?

My doctor just prescribed it for me and I'm about to take my first dose before bed tonight.

Just wondered how it worked for folks and what "starter side effects" if any, I should expect.

Thanks for your input. :thanks:

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Generalised anxiety disorder

By mouth using modified-release medicines
  • For Adult
    75 mg once daily, increased if necessary up to 225 mg once daily, dose to be increased at intervals of at least 2 weeks; maximum 225 mg per day.

It is listed as a medication for GAD so presumably it will help you. In the UK it is called Desvenlafaxine. Venlafaxine is a common medication here for depression and i took this once and was told it was more effective than the SSRI i was taking at the time. Venlafaxine is difficult to withdraw from apparently, although aren't they all! so please do as your doctor says if you decide it is not working for you.

Give it time and expect side effects, with all medication.

W

Wantingtolearn67

Has anyone taken Pristiq 50mg for Generalized Anxiety Disorder?

My doctor just prescribed it for me and I'm about to take my first dose before bed tonight.

Just wondered how it worked for folks and what "starter side effects" if any, I should expect.

Thanks for your input. :thanks:
Hi — I wonder how this worked out for you? I started 5 months ago and it seems to work. Suffering from depression and anxiety...
Let me know how things are going for you.
julie