• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Pristiq day - 1 will it work?

P

PixxiePitt

I am starting Pristiq today, as I had very bad reactions to the anti depressant I was on previously. is anybody on Pristiq and can tell me if it works.. ( i understand that it's an individual thing) but just wondering what your experience was/is :panic:

T

Thoth

I use to take 600mg of Pristiq a day. I found that only going above 400mg helped me. I don't think its worth your time if you're taking 300mg or less a day. Mainly because Effexor is much more effective on those doses.

On 500mg and above I was very calmly and all I got mainly was just side-effects, it rarely helped with my depression, where as 300mg of effexor and above did help despite the copious sweating. I'm not a particular fan of pristiq, especially if you're taking low doses, 100mg and below is pointless. But then again this is just my experience and I didn't react to any SSRIs.

IF this is your first SNRI, then I suppose it's a good choice, especially since it's a metabolite of an SNRI. Hopefully you'll have better luck with it than myself. The good thing about taking 400mg+ a day is that the drug will cost you $11.50 under the PBS providing your Dr. writes it out for you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Depression Forum 4
M Depression Forum 1
M Depression Forum 2
M Depression Forum 1
C Depression Forum 2