• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Preventing myself from believing my delusions

DelusionsOfGraduer

DelusionsOfGraduer

How do I make sure I know that what I'm thinking isn't real?

DelusionsOfGraduer

DelusionsOfGraduer

Some of the things I believe feel so real to me. Like I am the exact mirror image of so and so and destined to follow in their footsteps.

DelusionsOfGraduer

DelusionsOfGraduer

When will the flickering lights and double vision go away?

schizodreamz123

schizodreamz123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think just trying to question your way out of it is the only way. I constantly question everything.

DelusionsOfGraduer

DelusionsOfGraduer

I think just trying to question your way out of it is the only way. I constantly question everything.
Even researching something is bad because I can start to become obsessed with the subject to the point I believe I'm connected in some way.

schizodreamz123

schizodreamz123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
If your getting triggered from research, try to put it aside. I’m honestly the same way. I know easier said than done.

DelusionsOfGraduer

DelusionsOfGraduer

If your getting triggered from research, try to put it aside. I’m honestly the same way. I know easier said than done.
It's hard. Some of my obsessions I really care about. I have a few things I really care about like some sports.

I was on a sport website until I realized people were talking bad about me behind my back.

DelusionsOfGraduer

DelusionsOfGraduer

Some people are nice to your face but talk bad about you behind your back. When I was about 12 was the first time I really experienced this.

I thought people were my friends but they treated me like crap. People backstabbing constantly.

schizodreamz123

schizodreamz123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It’s hard to trust after being stabbed in the back or front. Block them.. they aren’t worth it

Daybreak

Daybreak

If it's something your passionate about start with writing evidence that supports your belief. Don't put feelings, assumptions about why people are acting the way they are and unsubstantiated beliefs. Just the facts, what was done, how it was done, how many times and on.

Than list evidence against your belief, again stick to the facts. If you have hard time with this you can ask a friend or someone neutral. Here's some questions you can ask yourself that can lead you in the write direction:

1. Is there alternative way of viewing the situation
2. Is what I'm thinking an overgeneralization
3. What's really likely to happen and what are the consequences.
4. Are there things that ease the negative facets of the situation.
5. How likely are the worse case scenario to happens. What are the odds? Are they 1 in 5, 1 in 25, etc.

Than incorporate items from both lists, in new more balanced thoughts.

H

Hell00justme

Even researching something is bad because I can start to become obsessed with the subject to the point I believe I'm connected in some way.
I think somehow everything is connected all of us everything around us what if we have all been pigeon holed together for a reason and we going round in circles bouncing of each others fears and beliefs instead of making some sort of connection to what is happening to us

H

Hell00justme

How do I make sure I know that what I'm thinking isn't real?
Stay grounded and remember who u are, yr past, yr memorys, hang on to u, talk about fun memorys with ppl u know well and trust to reassure yrself

JessisMe

JessisMe

Tell others what you are thinking and ask them if they are real or not. They can help you distinguish what is real vs what might be delusion.

H

Hell00justme

If it's something your passionate about start with writing evidence that supports your belief. Don't put feelings, assumptions about why people are acting the way they are and unsubstantiated beliefs. Just the facts, what was done, how it was done, how many times and on.

Than list evidence against your belief, again stick to the facts. If you have hard time with this you can ask a friend or someone neutral. Here's some questions you can ask yourself that can lead you in the write direction:

1. Is there alternative way of viewing the situation
2. Is what I'm thinking an overgeneralization
3. What's really likely to happen and what are the consequences.
4. Are there things that ease the negative facets of the situation.
5. How likely are the worse case scenario to happens. What are the odds? Are they 1 in 5, 1 in 25, etc.

Than incorporate items from both lists, in new more balanced thoughts.
I feel like im getting peter and the wolfed im constantly worried about friends and family even ppl i dont know and im open in trying to warn ppl and then nothing happens or stuff does but no believes its anything to do with what i was saying i think its just to lure u in to a false sense of security and then thats when they will strike again so yr constanly living in fear or paranoia i feel terrorised does anyone else get this?