• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Pretend

T

Takingmybrain

The mh proffessional i spoke to said to pretend that the voice in my head is a friend on sicial media.

I have imagine if he posted all the things he usually says to me on social media to me to read and my friends could read it how they would respond to him. The proffessional told me she said my friends would tell him to F off or report him to the police for what he tells me to do to myself. And if my friends wouldnt let him do it i shouldnt either.

I have autism and this might be a helpful way me trying to ignore the voices bad advice.

Just thought id share as i thought its a useful way to try.

wollie

wollie

Hi

Any thing that works is OK, I wouldn't go as far as reporting it to the police though.

T

Takingmybrain

Oh no i wont go that far its just in my head to know that i shouldnt be accepting off what he says.

JessisMe

JessisMe

The mh proffessional i spoke to said to pretend that the voice in my head is a friend on sicial media.

I have imagine if he posted all the things he usually says to me on social media to me to read and my friends could read it how they would respond to him. The proffessional told me she said my friends would tell him to F off or report him to the police for what he tells me to do to myself. And if my friends wouldnt let him do it i shouldnt either.

I have autism and this might be a helpful way me trying to ignore the voices bad advice.

Just thought id share as i thought its a useful way to try.
Interesting approach thanks for sharing...