• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Prescription meds

E

ellabee

hi im new to the site and trying to gain help for my problems.

I have bipolar and im on venleflexine 225mg and quietipine 150mg

when I have down days I take co-codomal and tramadol to try to chill myself out to stop me doing stupid things. a friend in a similar situation was doing the same last year she ended up in birmingham hospital in a coma when she overdosed her liver failed and at one point she had 23 hours to live. after 23 days in a drug induced coma she was lucky her liver had regenerated itself. she is my losest friend and though at first I had a shoke and stopped I soon started again. she also still abuses the meds despite doctors not supposed to be giving her co-codomal she has managed to get one doctor in our surgery to prescribe them.

I worry sometimes when my head is clear about the damage to my body I have old anti depressants and sleeping tablets as well as naproxfen in my med box sometimes with the self loathing i just take anything to try to stop myself from thinking.

I worry my friend will od again but for some reason i feel my body is stronger and it wont happen to me.

does anyone else abuse prescription meds like we do is there anyone that has managed to stop

D

Deremna

I have an issue with painkillers.. I think it's the whole trying to numb the inner pain but numbing outer pain. Also, I am very lazy and find that lortabs give me energy to get housework done that I normally am too depressed to do otherwise. I am currently trying to get over it and let my prescribed meds do their job without me interferring. But it's sometimes really hard when you feel so down not to try and make myself feel better in any way possible even when I know it's not healthy.. So, you're definitely not alone.. :hug:

E

ellabee

thanks I go through stages where im good with the meds then little set back and im abusing them again. I feel hopeless but i do try to just mask the feelings im having. it makes me sick and i wonder why i keep doing it then i repeat it all over again

bluenomore

bluenomore

This is so spooky. Last night I replied to an earlier thread about Venlaflaxine, where I commented that I didn't think I felt any kind of high when I take it.

Then, because I couldn't sleep, I decided to pop a few Tramadol that I'd stashed. Shortly afterwards I was bouncing off the walls. I 've been awake all night and been topping up with the Tramadol, and then this afternoon, I also found some Co-Codamol, and decked a couple of those.

Strange coincidence that someone should mention all three of these meds in one post!

btw: still flying :LOL:

E

ellabee

This is so spooky. Last night I replied to an earlier thread about Venlaflaxine, where I commented that I didn't think I felt any kind of high when I take it.

Then, because I couldn't sleep, I decided to pop a few Tramadol that I'd stashed. Shortly afterwards I was bouncing off the walls. I 've been awake all night and been topping up with the Tramadol, and then this afternoon, I also found some Co-Codamol, and decked a couple of those.

Strange coincidence that someone should mention all three of these meds in one post!

btw: still flying :LOL:
that so is mine are all stashed meds though i get the co's every month to keep stocked up so your on the ven to how long mines 7mths 225mg i take quietipine to 150mg. psych is changing my meds though as they have not worked like they thought they would. I bounced around for a bit took the diazapam to many then crashed from 2pm yest till 11am today think i took to many:LOL:

L

Lil

I'm on paroxetine at the moment. I've found I've been drinking a lot again lately & craving marijuana which i haven't touched in about 7 years now.

Onto relevance of the topic - I also have some Diazepam that was prescribed for anxiety over a dental appointment ages ago. I was perscribed 5 tablets and given 50. I had only taken the one for my appointment and left them in the fridge and forgot about them for a long time (around a year) but now I've been using them almost every night to help me sleep better lately. I go through periods of time where i have a lot of trouble sleeping and have found my mind racing so much when i go to bed the past few weeks that it feels like the noise in my head is going to drive me nuts. The Diazepam seems to help. Does that even count?

H

han82

I am on venlafaxine 225 and quetiapine 25 despite thus far having no official diagnosis beyond "anxiety disorder".

I take old meds frequently... zopiclone, but I have run out and am not allowed any more... but my best.one is codeine, which I was prescribed a couple of months ago for a bad back. I just hate that after one or two doses it stops working :(

I like to take my bedtime quetiapine, my 7.5 zopi and a couple of codeine, then off I go... :) but I have run out of all except my regular scripts.

Once I hallucinated that there were little red tractors with "codeine" written on the sides in white and they were taking away all the pain, but the pain was little bales of hay.

H

han82

I am on venlafaxine 225 and quetiapine 25 despite thus far having no official diagnosis beyond "anxiety disorder".

I take old meds frequently... zopiclone, but I have run out and am not allowed any more... but my best.one is codeine, which I was prescribed a couple of months ago for a bad back. I just hate that after one or two doses it stops working :(

I like to take my bedtime quetiapine, my 7.5 zopi and a couple of codeine, then off I go... :) but I have run out of all except my regular scripts.

Once I hallucinated that there were little red tractors with "codeine" written on the sides in white and they were taking away all the pain, but the pain was little bales of hay.