• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

prescription drugs

C

cally75

Hi all. Just a note to say be careful with your medication. I've looked into this a lot. While script drug have their place. But they give u one thing, then another to sort withdrawals fo the last. I could carry on!! I Google everything I get from gp . example gp gave my nan amitrytryptoline for depression, which she wanted. Her problem was just pain as she had a leg taken off. She had phantom leg pain in the one she lost! It's a strange thing the human brain

F

fair&square75

Hi Cally...i was In hospital the other night,bleeding from the stomach from sertraline...i had read the leaflet that comes with it but my GP never explained this (I have on going stomach problems already) the docs and nurses explained things way better...the thing is with GPs these days,they alot like robots and cant wait for their shift to be over imo. Turns out I have to come off them and go onto other antidepressants now,just thought id write this for a warning to others

C

cherbear

True my Doctors badly screwed up when it came to giving me anti depressants switched them about too much with no tapering off even though I asked if it was safe to take different medications back to back and should I not be tapering they told me it was safe to go ahead and take them no surprise it ruined me mentally and physically . Going to hospital was a kind of good thing I had been taking my medication up to this point and I don't recommend anyone else do this ever but due to my being in hospital I ended up going cold turkey off anti depressants as I had no more left and could not be given them as I had just taken an overdose . So it's agreed all round medication should not be given to me . Watch what they give you . I now see the Senior GP wish I had seen him from the off .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Anxiety Forum 3
American Boy Anxiety Forum 16