• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Prescribed Sertraline

Wishbone

Wishbone

I should add, they do it because they don't know how you will respond to them. You're the Guinea pig. The meds should work, according to the trials and research, but it's acknowledged that in some people it can worsen their problems. How it will effect you they really don't know at all.

Argon

Argon

I should add, they do it because they don't know how you will respond to them. You're the Guinea pig. The meds should work, according to the trials and research, but it's acknowledged that in some people it can worsen their problems. How it will effect you they really don't know at all.
The trials are rigged. When they do a study of a med and it doesn't show efficacy they don't publish the study. They keep doing studies until they get the result they want and then they publish it. And recent studies show risk of death is higher in people who take them.

K

KittyCat92

The trials are rigged. When they do a study of a med and it doesn't show efficacy they don't publish the study. They keep doing studies until they get the result they want and then they publish it. And recent studies show risk of death is higher in people who take them.

And this reminds me of the covid jab but that’s a whole other story 😂

But seriously though, if depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain can it be as effective to just have therapy without meds?

Wishbone

Wishbone

@Argon I have actually been looking into studies a lot recently, even this morning. It's astonishing how many studies out there are weak. I mean, I knew there were a lot of 8 week studies out there, that being pretty typical, but still far too short for my liking, but I couldn't believe how many 6 week or even 3 week ones there were. I bet very few of those involved would be happy to have their own kids on such medications. Scary stuff.

J

Jono

So I’ve just been prescribed Sertraline. I’ve never taken meds for my mental health before, been doing some reading up and it seems ok. Has anyone been on this? Any good?
I’ve been put on them for depression, the onset nausea is a bitch but I’m coping . I’ve been told that’s only temporary though so I’m going to stick with it this time . If you get bad nausea try getting some cyclizine off my doctor and that works a treat. You’ll be ok good luck 😉

Winters

Winters

I’m taking 200mg of Sertraline. I’ve been on it for just over a year. I had no major side effects when starting out, just fatigue & a bit of nausea but that soon disappeared.

I noticed in April I was getting bad again so have been prescribed Mirtazapine to take alongside it.

C

charlieblack5

That’s good to know, thank you. I still need to pick up the prescription.

C

charlieblack5

So I got it, and I’ve started it today. It feels like a bit of a relief actually. I’m on 50mg, half a tablet (?!) for first week, then one tablet a day. Fingers crossed this is the start to feeling more like me.