• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Pregnant & depressed - long post

N

Nikole5

Pregnant & depressed

Feeling like a failure
sick of crying & feeling down
Sick of people telling me I'm miserable

There is so much more to my story, More than people realise..

Last edited:
blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello and welcome

Congratulations on the baby. I imagine your hormones are running riot atm, which must make all the normal MH ups and downs feel unbearable.

I hope talking on here will help to alleviate that a bit xx

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
Welcome Nikole

I'm sorry you are suffering, being pregnant is not an easy time. You're not a failure, sounds like things are a struggle though. Do you have much support?

N

Nikole5

Family don't know what's going on, my boyfriend of 8 years tries but I don't like to put too much in him so sometimes I just smile & pretend. It's really strange like now I feel completely fine & embarrassed for expressing how I was feeling because I can't imagine feeling like that it's such a wierd feeling.

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Do you have any support from your GP or services?? might help to have someone to talk to ? xx

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
It's really strange like now I feel completely fine & embarrassed for expressing how I was feeling because I can't imagine feeling like that it's such a wierd feeling.
I know that one, it's often hard to credit I've been feeling so differently previously, seems unreal somehow. Different states come and go.

Family don't know what's going on, my boyfriend of 8 years tries but I don't like to put too much in him so sometimes I just smile & pretend.
It's hard pretending, and keeping the smile in place. Your needs are important too, your feelings matter. Would your family not be supportive? Not all families are, or they aren't able to really understand. It's important to have a place to have those feelings heard though. I hope expressing things here helps a little. You're welcome to say as much or as little about your story as you want to :hug: I hope today is a good day for you :hug: