• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Pregnant and scared for my kid

M

mommy3

Ok let me start with saying i am pregnant with my 3rd child in less than 3 years. My first two are 18 months apart and this one will be 18 months from my second child as well. I have been having very paramoid feelings about everyone with my children. Im scared someone is going to physically or sexually abuse them. And i know thats a fear of evety mother but it consumes me. I dont like leaving them alone with anyone... Including my husband who is the one person i know i should trust. And this is why Im seeking some answers. It ruined my mothers marriage because she thought her husband was hurting me but he was a wonderful man from what i remember as a child. Just as my hudband is. Just as everyone in my family is. So why am i having these feelings toward everyone? Is it because Ive gotten pregnant to close together and havent let my hormones balance out? Or is it because I was hurt as a child by a close relative and Im afraid it could happen to my kids? Please give me some input before I ruin my marriege. Also my mother and grandfather have thyroid problems which i know makes you feel paranoid. Im just looking for a rational solution here.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Mommy3 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you are having such problems. It can be a difficult time when you are pregnant and have little ones to care for too. I can empathise there, I had three under two (my youngest was born 20 months after my twins!)

It sounds as though your issues could be stemming from a combination of things. I would imagine that your mother feeling that way has had quite an impact on you, particularly if you were aware of her feelings whilst growing up. Being hurt by a close relative could also play a part. And, on top of that you've got your hormones to contend with!

I don't necessarily think that having your children close together would make that much difference (though I might be wrong) but hormonal changes whilst pregnant can certainly go haywire and have an adverse affect.

Do you have anyone you could talk to about this? Any close friends you could confide in? Have you been able to talk to your husband about your fears?

M

mommy3

Yes I have talked to my husband about it. He has been very understanding but it doesnt make the paranoia go away. Im pregnant right now so i dont know if getting a blood test to make sure everything is in balance would even work right now.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I don't see that it would do any harm requesting one. Particularly if it will put your mind as ease a little. Would you be happy visiting your GP and explaining everything to them? You could ask for a general check up and a blood test then.

M

mommy3

Thank you so much for listening and understanding purple chaos. I will be asking my doctor for a test. But only because of your encouragement.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Thank you and you're welcome. I hope you are soon feeling better about things. If you feel able or inclined to, let us know how you get on. :hug1: