• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Pregabalin-The New Anti-Anxiety Wonder Drug!!(Apparently)

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

I Started this in Late December for Chronic Anxiety and it doesn't seem to be working-Yet.

Has anybody in here been on this before.

Does it work and if so to what extent??

C

Celidwen

My experience of pregabalin:

Rage that increased with dose
Chronic constipation
Weight gain
Urinary incontinence
Itching
Joint pain
Severe muscle spasms

So yeah, it worked just GREAT on making me feel really calm and tranquil!!

Well, you DID ask......... ;)

H

Hlfpint

Hi I've never heard of this Drug before and if it's not working for you and seems to be working for others , call your Doctor cause I have been on Paxil for 17 years then effexor, Cyrakil then now I'm on Cymbalta and I have been battling Agoraphobia since I've been 13 and I'm now 43, I have worked before but when you have a traumatic event that happens you seem to get really low and start with anxiety more and more. I hope that you find a prescription out there cause they're are many and I'm wishing you all the best with it and if you need just to talk about it since I"ve lived all my life with it, maybe I can help you on ways to avoid it and keep you focused. I'm Hlfpint and always willing to listen help in anyway and I'm new to this forum , to see If I can get some answers myself. Thanks for listening

NewZealand-boy

NewZealand-boy

I'm on a very high dose of gabapentin (a less stronger version than pregabin) - it worked for me for a while but it wore off after a few weeks, but i can now sit still which i hadn't been able to do for a few months prior to starting it.

C

coraline166

Never ever again in my experience- horrible horrible sleep problems, one of the worst things I've ever dealt with. Horrible sensation in body when I lay down to sleep- muscle tension, sensitivity to noise and touch- the slightest brush against me or sound felt like it was doing somethnig bad to my insides. Burning hot, stinging hands and feet that got really dry, throat too. Couldn't sleep for the life of me, would jerk awake as soon as I was dropping off, combined with loud hallucinated noises and deeply disturbing dreams that felt like they were physically hurting me. Sometimes the sensitivity would be there in the day too- I could 'feel' people's footsteps on the concrete. When I could sleep I would then wake up crying pacing, being convinced whatever had happened in the dream had large significance. Urinary incontinence too which obviously causes a large amount of worry and embarassment.

Last edited:
NewZealand-boy

NewZealand-boy

I'm sorry to hear that Carol.. luckily it worked for me - gabapentin that is, not the other stronger drug of the gabapentin family. I am also on melatonin and i had my first nightmare last night/vivd dream which can occur, i hope it doesn't continue.

I must say though without gabapentin i would be a complete mess. I am sorry it didn't work for you as it did for me.

P

F

findingmyownway

My experience was also totally negative. I think pregabalin for anxiety is just a good marketig campaign by pfizer. I've heard vey few good things from anyone about it. I'm sure doctors love it because it means they don't have to give out valium - so yeah, horrible amd useless stuff imo.

U

univengr

I hate to be the one to give you the discouraging news. Taking Pregabalin is as if you are not taking anything at all. Pregabalin reportedly has GABAergic action which suggests that it has more or less the same effect that benzodiazepines do. Pregabalin does not even bind to the GABA receptor sites. Unless you are against taking SSRI's like Paroxetine, take anything but Pregabalin. Go ahead and even try Bupropion. It is working in my case. I reiterate stop taking Pregabalin. Once again it is as if you are not taking anything. Good luck. Hang in there!

B

BAGGPUSS

Am on 600mg of a placebo then thanks for letting me know.

just give me Jitters and Tremmmmmmbles