• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

pregabalin (Lyrica) Feeling really spaced out!

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Anyone else have any experience of this drug? It is a drug that treats epilepsy but I have been prescribed it for anxiety.

I took a 50mg tablet this morning and I feel as drunk as a Lord! (possibly not good for a recovering alcoholic as I can see me getting addicted to this feeling).

S

starfish

pregabalin

i was on this drug for a few months,for gad, and yes i felt drunk aswell. it was quite nice. unfortunately it increased my appetite in the evening, and i started to binge
during the night. i came off the drug as i gained a lot of weight and became diabetic. i hope you have a better experience than i did.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Oh dear the gaining weight bit sounds pants:( Having diabetes to cope with on top of everything else sounds terrible.

I have a feeling I wont be taking it for long!

S

starfish

pregabalin

you may be alright on it, its worth a go. as long as you are aware of possibly eating more, lots of mh drugs increase your appetite. maybe you could exercise more.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Thanks dolores, I will indeed watch what I eat; I go to the gym anyway and dont currently have a weight problem however I will keep my eye on things.

Thanks for your replies:)