• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Prank calls getting worse

ipanema

ipanema

So, my cat went missing on the 28th September - I’ve been struggling and my depression got a lot worse.

In the beginning of the week I got a call from a private number of a woman asking if I was the person looking for a cat, and to describe the cat. They then said they had found it and they hung up the phone.
I was really distressed and angry. But then I sort of forgot it, because they were probably from people frustrated with life and I don’t have the energy to give it much importance right now.

Well...I just got another call (from a private number). All they said was “We killed your cat”.
I’m just so furious. I called my operator and they told me to go to the police. That’s exactly what I will do. I will not give up until I find these disgusting bullies, and I really want them to pay for it.

Probably they don’t know me. Probably they don’t know what I’m going through, but they are adults. And they know I am a desperate person looking for my furry friend.

Has any one had an experience like this? I have suffered bullying when I was younger. I will not accept it now. Specially now.

P

Pollypop

This is so cruel.

Did the private numbers show up or did they come up as ‘withheld’ or ‘private’?

I can imagine how distraught you must be.
I would be the same.

I hope you can find out who these disgusting people are.

D

Deleted member 91323

It is disgusting that people would go out of their way to do this. I am so sorry this is happening. Unfortunately some people are sick enough to exploit others pain.

ipanema

ipanema

It came as “Uknown ID”.
It is so twisted. I always think of these people as someone who lives a sad, empty life, and gets pleasure by making others feel miserable.

People are so mean. It is a sick world.

JessisMe

JessisMe

What a destructive and bizarre thing to put another person through when they are clearly suffering. I hope the police will be able to do something about it or at least provide you with some good support/advice. xo, j

Faith198

Faith198

I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with this. Karma will come for them. How nasty. I hope you get a genuine call about your cat being found. I have had a cat escape before and he never came back.

I really hope someone finds him/her.
I’ll keep your kitty in my thoughts ❤

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

oh my goodness i am so so sorry you are going through this
please call the police ,these people are awful

im so sorry about your cat ,i had one that went missing for 3 months and came back
i hope yours does too
all my love Lu x