Poverty in the Afterlife by Edward C Randall

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I do wonder how one must behave to be spiritually wealthy. It can be so confusing these days where there is a universal poverty.

A simple life, being kind, being thoughtful and not being nasty or a bully is probably good enough.

Anyway here is the article:

White Crow Books | Features

One who attempts to change or modify the thoughts, ambitions and desires of mankind, is undertaking a great task. The American people, more than any other, are taught from infancy that the desired goal is wealth – material wealth – and, such is the prodigality of the times, money is necessary for the pace that is set. Money – the ring and shine of gold becomes alluring, and the ambition of each is for its accumulation. The length to which some go, and the things that some do to possess themselves of it, stagger the mind, at least of those who have a clearer vision.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

This is all good basic advice. I have little desire for material things. Whatever I actually need for living my life has come to me. I am getting by with the basics. I do hope the Voc Rehab will come through with their clothing voucher as all of my shorts have been ruined in the washing machine. When I go for a walk in the mall on rare occasion, I see nothing there that I would like to have. I wouldn't mind acquiring a bromeliad for the garden.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

As for what we take with us into the next world, that is the beauty we've embossed our soul with. The compassion and love becomes part of us. Love is the fuel, love is the vehicle, love is the destination.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my posh sucessful sister when i was visiting she was watching this tv programme, someone says what does it availith a man if he gains the world but loseth his immortal soul

i said remember that she said shut up

Kerome

Kerome

I do wonder how one must behave to be spiritually wealthy. It can be so confusing these days where there is a universal poverty.

A simple life, being kind, being thoughtful and not being nasty or a bully is probably good enough
According to Buddhism one should follow the five precepts: no killing, no stealing, no thievery, no sexual misconduct, and avoiding intoxication. Then there is the noble eightfold path which encourages amongst other things truthfulness and right livelihood.

Being rich usually involves harm to others, thievery, ruthlessness and lying.