• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

potential word slinger

C

CompassionVictim

Hello all.
I've lurked here for a while without registering.

I don't want to put anything personal on the forum, paranoia being one of my main irrationalities, but if I can rant usefully about the changes our great leaders want to impose to the benefits system (ESA is my current bugbear) I will do so.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the chats. There are a couple of threads on ESA which you may want to look at:welcome:

M

matt

:welcome: Hi , hope to hear more from you!

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum!

C

CompassionVictim

Thank you all for the welcome.

It was reading threads on ESA that prompted me to register. I am still appalled by the way that these changes are being made. This seems like typical macho posturing by politicians with no regard to the consequences for most of those affected.

If any assistance towards returning to employment had been forthcoming over the years I would not be so angry. As it is, I seem to have been left entirely to my own devices between the "capability assessments", then abruptly pushed into full-time jobseeking. I was overwhelmed by anxiety and had my first real panic attack. Now the DWP appear to be stonewalling me and my mood goes from despair to rage for much of the time.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I really hate christmas too!