• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Potential BED cycle? Confused and Lost

C

cd1995

Since I was young I've struggled with body image and disordered eating, and by the time I was 16 these habits developed into anorexia. I'm 25 now and I've worked on myself a lot since that time in my life, but now I find that I might be struggling with binge eating disorder. When these urges strike I will become fixated on food, but also my thoughts toward myself become negative (you're disgusting, why can't you control yourself, etc...). The anxiety spirals until I feel as though I have no choice but to eat (even though I am not hungry) and end up eating way too much in an attempt to curb that anxiety. After that, I almost always feel terrible and as though I am the worst. Does anyone here have any experience with these feelings and how do you cope with it? I am just feeling very lost and out of control right now.

Prettyroses99

Prettyroses99

I have a love hate relationship with food. I'm upset with myself no matter how much or about what I eat. I hate that food controls my life.

C

Christyshaw

Hi,

Im new here but came across your post and it's exactly how I'm feeling... i panic around food that I eat everything in site as if illl never get the chance to again. Its crazy.... i constantly think about food. And try plan all meals in my head. I work out everyday as im trying to lose weight and have totally changed my diet to all good foods. But its completely taken over my life!