Postnatal with eating depression

F

Feeram

Stupid as it sounds but don’t know what, where, who to turn to ...
I have a 5month son who is my world I can’t fault him he’s amazing!
But yet I feel so unhappy. I have battled through pregnancy silently with my fears of gaining so much weight and now months after birth I felt like the fight was coming back ...
In fear of going down hill I open up to my Gp and health visitor in which they are supportive but after explaining that I don’t want to go on antidepressants and see anyone about my eating I have now been prescribed “anxiety medication” which turns out to be an antidepressant ... I can’t bring myself to take them as I’m worried of getting worse before I get better ... before being prescribed these I was unhappy with my weight and got very anxious but not once had I felt sucidle however now I’m questioning everything ... please tel me someone else can relate to this and there’s light

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry your feeling poorly. I felt suicidal on anti-depressants.
You could ask your health visitor or GP for counselling.
Please see your GP urgently about feeling suicidal on anti-depressants. The Gp will hopefully stop the drug.
Sorry you have weight issues, did you gain a lot of weight?
Congratulations on the birth of your son, your doing great.
Take care

F

Feeram

Thanks mayflower7
I gained over the nhs “2.7stone recommended weight gain” I’m half a stone away from my weight pre pregnancy but ideally want to be lower ... it just seems impossible though and after seeing the Gp and her saying the pills are the best thing to try which I didn’t want to even entertain it just makes me think that I can’t trust anyone not her or the health visitor and yet they have taken alternative weeks to see me and keep a close eye on me when all I wanted was a diet suggestion 😣 I just feel like thousands of thoughts are rushing through my head which I never wanted to even think off ... to make it worse I feel like there’s no one to turn to not even my husband
Sorry for being the capitol D to depressive
I really appreciate ur message x

mischief

mischief

Admin
hi Feeram

How is it going? Have you managed to get through the last few weeks ok?

Did you manage to tell your gp why you didn't want to take the pills?

It's positive that the GP and the health visitor are keeping a close on you. It would be great if they listened to your concerns.

H

happyhello

Be fat and happy! Do not try to please your husbands ladies. They don't deserve it!