• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Post Traumatic Stress - How much more can I take

M

mumto6

Well had 1.5 hr meeting with the CPN who has now taken over as my regulay support. Thankfully I found her easy to talk too and she pulls no punches which I like , she tells me as it is and not what she thinks I want to hear.

She read through my diagnosis and asked if I had put Post Traumatic Stress on my DLA which I told her no as had no idea what it was. She said it was one of the 4 things I was diagnosed with alongside cyclothymia.

I dont know how to feel , I thought contending with 1 thing was hard enough to get my head around but 4 ?

Also this PTS thing had completely gone above my head when the Consultant must have told me. So no idea what how or why that has come into it.
Just want to sit and cry I am drained.

sallyG

sallyG

hi...im so sorry to hear your having a hard time right now with the new diagnosis..havent any advice but didnt want to read and run..
Maybe inform DLA of your diagnosis so your benefit can be altered accordingly..which is a job i have to do too but keep putting it off.
feel free to pm me anytime.x

M

mumto6

Just having a down day I think , not much sleep and so worn out. I always feel drained after talking to someone.
I just want to wake up and all this be gone.
I have so much to do yet the simplest task seems far too much.
Kids due home from school soon and I am dreading it. Just want to curl up and sleep.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wandering2 Bipolar Forum 6