• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Post- psychedelic disorder

Y

yuri_

Hello!

I don't know in which section I should post this, so I post it here :)

I'm 28y male. For last few years I used many psychedelic drugs - LSD and tryptamines/phenylethylamines derivates. I didn't have any problems until the last tripping.
That was high dose LSD exeprience (8 tabs - approximately 1mg). Come up of this drug was as usual, same with the peak (except its power- it was the most intense experience).
Problem started when the peak came down. Instead euphoric state my mind turned to be my worst enemy. No, that wasn't what I can call badtrip - I had few of them and it was very different. So, the state was very dysphoric. Helplessness, sadness, anger. Very intensive mix of bad feelings. And there was suicidal thoughts. I didn't want to commit suicide but something in my mind suggested me it's the best thing I can do and I should do that. Very tramatic. I was aware it's drug effect and I didn't do anything stupid. I didn't have any drugs that could stop action of psychedelics, so I bought some beer and it helped.
Next two or three weeks I had very depressed state with the same suicidal thoughts that appeared while tripping. After some time those negative effects fell back.
But it wasn't over. I became very emphatic person, my personality changed in subtle way. I felt that but now I'm not able to point out what specifically.

Ok. It was 10 months ago. I think I came back to be the person I was initially. But sometimes I have flashbacks of this very negative state and there are the same thoughts which suggest me suicide. It's not often 5-6 times in a month and shows usually when i try to sleep and in the half-sleep state.

I went to a psychiatrist, to ask him about possibilities of developing of this disorder in future. He said it can be something like PTSD. He prescribed me alprazolam to use when I feel bad. He told me also that it's possible for me to recover but it needs some time.

I'm a bit scared that my experience could lead to more serious mental problems. Do you have any experiences with cases like mine?

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm a bit scared that my experience could lead to more serious mental problems. Do you have any experiences with cases like mine?
Hi. i took a lot of drugs in the past. i'm also diagnosed with schizophrenia.

It is so hard to separate these things out? When things are looked into, there are so many ways of understanding things - so many different perspectives.

Drug use is a potentially dangerous area to experiment with, for lots of reasons.

My own working solution has been long term sobriety, maintaining a medication, & focusing on a healing path.

All of us are individuals & unique. Some people have these reactions to drugs & others don't.

i don't know what to specifically suggest? As despite a lot of progress, i still feel i'm working on certain of my own difficulties, that have been very hard to more fully resolve.

i wish you well with things.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Extreme Post Traumatic Stress disorder! Mental Health Experiences 1
M Moderators, is there a way to block seeing someone’s post Mental Health Experiences 6
A A long post Mental Health Experiences 1
KittyCat92 A post of recognition ❤️ Mental Health Experiences 6
T Sorry I think I should re-post my question Mental Health Experiences 8
calmleaves The first time i get backlash from my post Mental Health Experiences 4
P I don't know where to post this. Dealing with multiple problems at the same time. Mental Health Experiences 2
T Last post... Mental Health Experiences 9
A No clue where to post this Mental Health Experiences 6
N Can't Post In Scary Threads Mental Health Experiences 4
O This is going to be a long post - havent left my bed/room in months Mental Health Experiences 5
fazza Not sure where this should go or if I should post it. Mental Health Experiences 2
Newstartformetoday Post a song that says “How YOU Feel” ... And Turn Ut Up Full Wack!! Mental Health Experiences 50
D Family Problems - Not sure where to post. Mental Health Experiences 4
M a long post... Mental Health Experiences 3
H My First Trauma - sorry for long post. Mental Health Experiences 1
O First post in 3 years - Advice welcomed Mental Health Experiences 1
L My first post...a little long! Mental Health Experiences 1
L Warning, very long post here! Trying to wrap my head around it all Mental Health Experiences 1
L Post Deleted: but I'm okay now Mental Health Experiences 3
Q Venting and Cataloging - Just wanted to post this somewhere and I am tired of trying to physically journal Mental Health Experiences 3
B My first proper post, there's a lot to say. I've called it 'the golden gate'. sorry its long Mental Health Experiences 1
R 1st Post...Is there such a thing as a family co-delusion? Mental Health Experiences 2
SomersetScorpio The Post-Christmas Post Mental Health Experiences 2
M Advice needed Neighbour problems ,highlighted usefull advice incuded in this post Mental Health Experiences 2
T I'll try to keep this short. :p (Didn't know where to post this) Mental Health Experiences 3
D My story. *trigger warning* Not sure if this is where to post it. Mental Health Experiences 2
Y My first post, some advice please? Mental Health Experiences 3
I A new Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction Interview (PSSD) Mental Health Experiences 7
B Post-movie depression... please hear me out!! I'm desperate! Mental Health Experiences 2
F (don't know where to post) Excessive need for structure - how do I cope? Mental Health Experiences 1
Solitude1 Where to post? Mental Health Experiences 6
Solitude1 Where to post? Mental Health Experiences 5
CarpeDentum Impulse...something or nothing? This is a serious post, although I would not begrudge anyone who laughs as it does sound ridiculous to me too. Mental Health Experiences 2
N Post termination trauma Mental Health Experiences 11
J Friend hid FB post from me, hugged everyone but me Mental Health Experiences 2
B Violent fantasies - not sure where to post Mental Health Experiences 3
I Lost confidence to face others post delivery Mental Health Experiences 2
L Depression - first post Mental Health Experiences 3
S Post-SSRI shivers? Mental Health Experiences 2
Davey Blueeyes To post or not to post? Mental Health Experiences 17
A Didn't know where else to post... Mental Health Experiences 3
I What's going on with my mind? (This is a longer post than I anticipated but please read) Mental Health Experiences 4
L im sorry everyone but i had to post this somehwere Mental Health Experiences 7
C Being a post-negative thinker Mental Health Experiences 1
Patchwork No idea where to post Mental Health Experiences 3
V i didnt know where to post this Mental Health Experiences 5
G Another 'help, don't know what's wrong with me' post Mental Health Experiences 4
Lyotto1 It was confrontingly harsh then enlightening. My first ever experience with a psychedelic (mescaline). Mental Health Experiences 7
NicoretteGummed Can LSD & Psychedelic Substances Lead To Profound Beneficial Insights And Psychological Breakthrough's Mental Health Experiences 7