• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Post holiday blues

E

english rose

Prior to 2012 I went on holiday about once every 3-4 years, since 2012 I've been having an annual holiday. I don't know many people as I've got chronic depression & Aspergers, but of the few people I know there seem to be people like 'Mary' (not her real name) who goes on holiday 2-3 times a year every year & has been to every continent in the world, & people like 'Doris (not her real name) who has never been further than 50 miles away from her home-town. I've just got back from my first ever trip to Cyprus (paid for by my mum, I haven't got a job & have had my ESA stopped but that's another story that I've covered in-depth in the Education, Employment, Finances & Debt, Housing and Legal Issues forum), the contrast between the 4* hotel & my private rented flat at the bottom/cheap end of the market that I don't have the energy to clean properly is very stark. I'm now feeling very depressed, wishing I was still there - it was perfect apart from the fact that my dog wasn't there.

Apravo

Apravo

Hey I know how you feel, I'm going back to Cyprus in July for a week, I always look forward to coming home, but once I'm home and especially back in work, it takes ages for me to get back into it and I'm looking to where my next break or bank holiday is comin from.