• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

--Post Designation 003

Ulliyana

Ulliyana

*eherm*... shall we proceed?

I've gone through this cycle quite frequently. To detail it in a simplistic manner, I binge eat, compulsions coming through as a punishment for consuming matter, before fasting... or, at least, that is the intention, in order to make up for wasting precious resources which could be purposed for more beneficial individuals to the cause.

The issue presented to us, of course, is that of the seeming dominance of binging behaviours over their counter-acting purging balancers.

Quite recently, an increasing input of outside foodstuff deliveries have entered the household - living alongside other organisms, it is most inconvenient - and while I should abstain between these dates, it has been increasingly difficult to do so.

I must admit my disinterest in what most call recovery from this disorder - while I cannot source a resolute source of this during the current moment, the reasoning behind the source must be genuine, correct?

I do apologise in advance to those who may be either offended, triggered, or perhaps miffed by these opinions and requests, however, I must ask of you all...

What is the most ideal way to control the forces which demand the consumption of food?

G

goodgollymiss

You could have tea with milk between meals instead of snacking. Or you can have hummus, salsa and crackers. Maybe a fruit smoothie or unsweetened apple sauce. Peanut butter is another good food if you are hungry. Seafood is also nutritious or maybe some miso soup. Eat enough at meals so you don't have to snack. Listening to music stops me from eating. Sometimes I brush my teeth after meals. This stopped me from eating too many meals and helped my bad teeth. Soft food is better for your teeth too. I used to binge and it hurt my teeth

bpd2020

bpd2020

I was only able to get some control of binging by having therapy. I had cognitive analytical therapy with an eating disorder clinic. I am very sorry you are going through this. It is very distressing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tonysawicki Eating Disorders Forum 4
P Eating Disorders Forum 3