• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Possibly schizophrenia- hearing voices

I

imsooverit

So I am hearing voices and I think I may be schizophrenic. I don't wanna be but how can it be plausible to hear from spirits? So either Im crazy or they are government agents. I think crazy may be it but who knows. All I know is that Im tired of this.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Have you spoken to a doctor about this? It is what i would do.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
What can you tell me about your voices? The sort of things they say?

I've been hearing a voice (singular) for just over five years now. I ignore it and medicate it so it's pretty single minded about me once again talking to it and coming off medication.

It's damn annoying but I've learned to cope over time.

I

imsooverit

The doctor knows. I think they are government agents but maybe not. They are currently watching me type right now. Im not supposed to be telling you anything.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Im not supposed to be telling you anything.
It's not the first time I've heard that, voices really don't like us talking about them mostly because we'll likely get help to fight them.

Have you tried anti-psychotics yet? Your voices will hate them as much as mine does, maybe even enough to shut the hell up and leave you alone, if they're clever they will. Sadly my voice doesn't know what's good for him and is a victim of his own stupidity.

I have my theories on voices, maybe I'll share if you're interested, I believe they're very fascinating creatures. But it's a bit late here so perhaps another day?

GingerCake

GingerCake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Not bad advice give by the contributor above, they are in a way fascinating creatures as creatures they are, like rats running around in the dark, hiding like cowards.
Using tactics you can study and compare to other suffers who have experiences of these strange voyeuristic trolls, torturing and emotionally abusing the victims almost daily.

I think if we conducted mass research into what most of us have experience's of it would be very telling.

I

imsooverit

It's not the first time I've heard that, voices really don't like us talking about them mostly because we'll likely get help to fight them.

Have you tried anti-psychotics yet? Your voices will hate them as much as mine does, maybe even enough to shut the hell up and leave you alone, if they're clever they will. Sadly my voice doesn't know what's good for him and is a victim of his own stupidity.

I have my theories on voices, maybe I'll share if you're interested, I believe they're very fascinating creatures. But it's a bit late here so perhaps another day?

I have a few voices. They tell me to shut the F up. They tell me I'm doomed. That God has given up on me. That I need to listen to them instead even though they keep celebrating every time their plot works. They hate me and I'm tired.

The voices are watching me through me. Whatever I see and hear, so do they. As for the gov agents, Idk. It was just another option to figure out what they are.

I would love to hear your theories on voices, please. I have come up with so many ideas and I'm open to hearing more. Is this a better day?

I

imsooverit

Not bad advice give by the contributor above, they are in a way fascinating creatures as creatures they are, like rats running around in the dark, hiding like cowards.
Using tactics you can study and compare to other suffers who have experiences of these strange voyeuristic trolls, torturing and emotionally abusing the victims almost daily.

I think if we conducted mass research into what most of us have experience's of it would be very telling.
Yes I would be down for that. Emotional abuse for sure. I just want my peace back but they won't even let me have friends. I want to study the tactics they use too.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I would love to hear your theories on voices, please.
Well from my own observations of my voice I've come to believe everyone on the planet has not one but two minds sharing the same body. I even found a book that believes the same.

The author believes that each hemisphere of the brain contains a separate and unique consciousness, we're the left and they're the right side of the brain.

To me this explains perfectly why my voice can see, hear, feel, smell and taste what I do and can also hear my thoughts, it even talks not in my ears (it used to before meds) but in my head, but unlike my own thoughts it's words are completely uncontrollable.

I also believe my voice can sense things a few seconds before I can, it once said what the TV was saying exactly as it was being said like it had the script in front of it, not only that it could manipulate all my senses and add to or subtract from what I was sensing (positive and negative hallucinations).

My voice also knows my dreams, it often talks about my dreams as soon as I wake up which furthers my belief that we share a brain. In this book there's a whole chapter on dreams and how voices can even manipulate dreams and use them as their own personal playground. Some voices like to share ideas in our dreams but mine used to terrorise me in mine.

I

imsooverit

Interesting. Would you care to share the book name and author?

And if this is so, I suck because my voices hate me. They want me dead. So it would really suck to hate myself. :(

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
The book is called 'The Daemon - a guide to your extraordinary secret self' by Anthony Peake.

He calls voices Daemons because that's what Socrates the ancient Greek philosopher called his voice, in Greek mythology a Daemon was a 'guiding spirit'. He mostly focuses on good voices and how they've helped people.

Like mine yours seems to be a negative one, but since I believe they know us like no other person could ever know us they have the potential to be our best friend or worst enemy.

I've met people with good voices but I've met more people with bad ones since I hang around on a mental health forum.

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

The doctor knows. I think they are government agents but maybe not. They are currently watching me type right now. Im not supposed to be telling you anything.
did you do anything illegal that the government would be interested in?