Possible personality disorder?

Connorisnotokay

Connorisnotokay

Hello everyone, I am new to this website and this is my first main post. Just warning you I might not reply because I get very shy.

I recently got a letter from my CMHT after an assessment. It reads:

“On this assessment prominent traits of Anxious Avoidant and Emotionally Unstable Personality disorder seem apparent and the diagnosis of this personality Disorder will need to be explored on further follow up.”

I know that it may mean nothing as it’s just going to be explored, but I would like to know what to expect.

Is there a test? Do I need to be monitored for them to come up with an answer?

I am just worried because I have never had something like this written on my assessments before.

Am I not to young to be diagnosed with a personality disorder? I don’t really want to reveal my age but I am in between the age of 18-21 years old.

How can someone have two personality disorders?

I’m sorry if I seem as if I know nothing about personality disorders, but I don’t.

Thanks for reading and thanks for any replies.

BPDevil

BPDevil

they might have to do another assessment

and no you aren't too young, I'm 18 and have BPD, there's people who get diagnosed even younger

it probably is possible to have two personality disorders, but I'd think its pretty rare

either way don't worry too much

Connorisnotokay

Connorisnotokay

they might have to do another assessment

and no you aren't too young, I'm 18 and have BPD, there's people who get diagnosed even younger

it probably is possible to have two personality disorders, but I'd think its pretty rare

either way don't worry too much
Thank you for your reply BPDevil, it’s nice to get help. I am feeling really scared about all of it.

I know members can’t diagnose, and I’m not asking anyone to do that. I just would like to know from what that letter says do you think it’s likely I will be diagnosed with any of the personality disorders they think I might have?

I am scared, but I would like people to be honest with me please.

Thanks for any replies.

BPDevil

BPDevil

from what you've wrote it would be difficult to tell if you do, I'd suggest looking up the symptoms of them, it's said that if you can relate to around 6 or more then it's likely

but don't be scared, it isn't as daunting as you think and the more you know the more relieved you maybe, there's plenty of us on this forum, so if it turns out you do you know now that you have others to talk to