• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Possible med change-prolactin

F

firemonkee57

Had impromptu blood test previous depot time as prolactin had gone up from 625-709. Level has gone up again to 726. At previous highest level of 720 there was talk of adding abilify but levels then went down. Have to do another test in a months time and then they'll review again.
Option is adding low dose abilify although because I am bad re oral meds might be a complete change of meds instead.

R

Rose19602

Yuk...that doesn't sound easy.
How do you feel about it?

What happens with high prolactin levels. I know about the breast milk reactions, but is there anything else?
x

F

firemonkee57

Yuk...that doesn't sound easy.
How do you feel about it?

What happens with high prolactin levels. I know about the breast milk reactions, but is there anything else?
x
Osteoporosis can occur but was tested for that previously and was ok. Lowered sexual desire. Not had sex or 24 years and not likely to in future due to social problems unless I choose the prostitute route(no thanks), low testosterone and I guess things that go with that. Erectile dysfunction, gynaecomastia( had that? before risperdal and ironically not so noticeable since being so fat)headaches and eye problems.

F

firemonkee57

A little worried that if med is changed it won't be as good as risperdal which has been moderately helpful.

D

Decco

Hi firemonkee57, I too had my prolactin levels checked recently and found they were about 1000. Was told this was normal on a depot injection though. In the process of trying to get my meds changed to abilify/ aripiprazole injection