• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Possible hospitalisation

mandy125

mandy125

So I've been having a really bad time with my voices this year, I wondered if I went to a n e what the possible outcomes would be.
I know in light of the virus being in hospital isn't ideal and I'm not looking forward to it as I'm moving out also but the stress has become to much for me and I'm worried I'm in remission any advice would be greatly welcomed x

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Can you give any more information about this bad time you're having with your voices?

I was hospitalised for hearing voices back in late February 2016 and kicked out 9 days later with a diagnosis of psychosis, no meds and no support but I was free of hearing any voices at that time.

Months later I started hearing again and had another episode of psychosis, eventually I got enough insight to go to A&E and ask for medication but they didn't give me any there and then like I was hoping, they arranged an appointment with the Early Intervention Team (EIT) in my area but that appointment took just over a month to happen, the staff in A&E were happy enough to send me home because I seemed lucid and knew where I was and who the prime minister was lol.

wollie

wollie

Hi mandy

My advice would be to get as much help as you can, my experiance in a mental health hospital wasn't good and my pdoc has been trying to keep me out due to corona virus.
I would ask your pdoc to review your medication, I have just been given Latuda which seems to be working very well with my voices.
If we can support you in way way we will

All the best woolie.

i would ask your pda

mandy125

mandy125

Well @NWiddi I recently had a medication change from sulpheride to amisulpride and my dosage remains the same. The voices are saying that they are dead spirit guides and are here to hurt or kill me.
The one on the right Charlotte and liv are none stop all the time I'm just so tired..and no matter what I do or say they won't go away.. and @wollie I've been in hospital before but am frightened of catching the virus, I'm already on meds but I feel like somethings not quite right x

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
are none stop all the time I'm just so tired..and no matter what I do or say they won't go away.
I know how that feels, mine is non-stop and very annoying and repetitive, if he's not singing he's whining, begging or ranting about how unfair all this is to him.

I cope by not responding to him and not showing any emotion to anything he says or does.

Do your voices hurt you physically in any way as that has been known to happen? And I don't believe they can actually kill you, if that were possible I think my voice would have done that a long time ago. At one point he was claiming to be God and said he would kill me in my sleep but over four years later I'm still here to talk about it.

My voice however has since offered up a different explanation as to what he is and through hearing so many lies from him in the past I kind of gained a skill where I know if he's lying and I believe he's finally given up all his deceptions.

I can't say if this will work for you but my voice wants my attention above all else but I've set the ground rule that if he wants it he has to get it in a positive way, any negativity from him and I'll shut him out, he hasn't done this yet but I believe if I stay strong he will eventually play by my rules.

I have video chats several times a week with other voice hearers through a Facebook group I'm a part of and one of our admin swears by the works of Rufus May (she's even met him once), he's a big name in the world of voice hearing and she says if you can find anything by him on YouTube it's well worth the watch.

mandy125

mandy125

Ah mine also say and do what yours do. It sings very badly almost non stop throughout the day especially when I have an old queen cd on or something like that.

I've got God in the right ear and the devil in the left called Jamie he comes and goes as he pleases and will often burn my head for no real reason or tickle the backs of my legs.

I also don't believe they can hurt me but I'll still get manipulated and out right put into psychotic episodes quite frequently

I will have a look at Rufus may when I go back into my bedroom thank you for sharing with me :grouphug: x

T

Takingmybrain

I think they might offer you help from crisis team but maybe not alot more. So your maybe best just to directly call your gp or the crisis team and self refer to reffer you the crisis team save a risk of going to a nd e and catchong anything. I think they will only put u inpaitent with virus situation happening if ur a high risk of harming yourself or others right now.

mandy125

mandy125

Thanks I'm not at high risk of hurting myself just losing the plot I think..
It's getting to the stage where I can't get away from them even with headphones on x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Hearing Voices Forum 14
EdEd Hearing Voices Forum 5