• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

possibility of BPD

F

fairylulu

So my husband has been reading a lot on this condition and with his help we have come to the conclusion that it's almost certain I have Borderline Personality disorder, however we have been to the drs and to be honest she wasn't very helpful she keeps saying I'm just depressed but I've been on antidepressants for nearly a year with no change so I have been referred for a mental health assessment but it's been 6 weeks with no contact (I've called a few times and been told I will get a call). I'm getting so frustrated and feel so lost everything seems to be a struggle and finding my self having thoughts of self harming (I used to do it a lot but I can say that since I've had my son I'm pretty confident I won't actually do it) but it's constantly in the back of my mind and I don't feel I can tell my husband how low I feel because I don't think he would understand.

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum

it might be that you have BPD or it might be you haven't found the right meds for you, or that psychotherapy might be more helpful?

I'm sorry you're having to wait for ages for an assessment, that must be very frustrating especially when you're feeling so down.

If you're not able to share with your husband how you are feeling, I hope you'll be able to share with us on here and find support here.

There's also the Samaritans who are available 24/7 if you do want to talk to someone in confidence. I hope your appointment comes through soon. xx

B

balancekeeper

Sorry your feeeling so low, Hope you get a response soon.

BPD Can be hard at the best of times, I know But Just hope that it is just depression and they can find new meds that help you feel like you again

F

fairylulu

Thank you, I have called the samaritans many many times especially when I have very strong urges to hurt myself, the more i have read about the condition and have talked to other people who suffer with it the more I'm almost certain I have it, it's getting to the point that if I can't get the help I need on the nhs service then I will have to go private I can't live like this and my husband doesn't deserve to go through what I put him through. I've asked for help so many times but my Dr's just want to pump me full of drugs that just don't seem to help or make me feel so out of it I can't even help myself

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah it is frustrating when all they want to do is give you pills. I guess they do that because they are fire fighting all the time and don't always have the resources to give people better support.

Some people with BPD want pills to help with the emotional pain but if someone doesn't want them/find them helpful then it's not good imo to thrust these on them.

I would wait and see what they say regarding diagnosis and what they can offer you. DBT is something that some NHS trusts use to help people with BPD, for instance.

If you are able to afford private then you have more of a choice on what type of therapy you have and can shop around for a therapist that is the right fit for you. But i'd wait and see what they say at the assessment and what they're going to offer you, how long you'd have to wait for therapy etc first.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
AnnaBanana267 Stuck on the possibility that someone may have withdrawn their friendship for me Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
Confusedandanxious Really starting to consider this a possibility Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
Lostinthestatic The possibility of a break up Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 34
B BPD and splitting Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
whoopigirlberg NHS help for bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
A A good breakdown of BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
M Looking for friends with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
D Self sabotage bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
Helloseaturtle I Need friends with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
E I found out my close friend with BPD was hacking into my instagram account. Anyone have any insight as to why or how to proceed? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
S Will my close friend with BPD come back to me in time after pulling away? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
D Reported a bad conversation with a colleague about another colleague now bpd wont let up. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
D How to keep a job with bpd? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
S A Theory for the root Cause of BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 25
S I want to change careers: BPD symptom or genuine reasons to do so? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
J Maybe BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
B BPD recovery?? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
The so called BPD and loneliness Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
bpdrosie Newly diagnosed with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
Mom_To_Two_Too Have there been any cases where someone diagnosed with BPD came from a secure, loving environment with no traumas? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
dustin001 My bpd got me banned on reddit Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 30
BPDB4B3 Relationship - am I out of love or is it just BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
I Quiet BPD. Experiences? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 35
S Sister has BPD and cancer Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
M Quiet bpd, feel doomed Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 17
ghoulcentury crush that my bpd doesnt know how to handle Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
L Not long been diagnosed with bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
F Finally accepted BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 34
E TW- drugs/ kissing Made a huge mistake. Bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
J Why do people with BPD push people away? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 34
B BPD coping strategies for dating Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
T I’m struggling with boyfriends BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
H Trauma and BPD, is there a connection? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 28
237BPDGoth For the other mother's with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
B I need your help.. living with someone with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
C Disability SS for BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
J How to tell mum I think she has BPD and how to support her Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
J BPD Breakup Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
CharlotteAnne BPD Got Me In Trouble Again Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
G People say that you’re fine fine you don’t have bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
T wondering if i have bpd ? (Long post sorry) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
M Bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
3 Misdiagnosed with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
T Worrying Ive been misdiagnosed. Has anyone been diagnosed with depression and a long time later been diagnosed with BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 20
Fairy Lucretia can you be manic with bpd? x Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
C Struggling with meds and bpd. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
AppleJacks88 BPD and possible OCD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
Louizard Being childish (except it's BPD) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
P Private BPD/EUPD assessment (UK) any advice? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
W BPD - A Patriarchal Diagnosis? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7