• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Possibility of bipolar?

M

mickeymoo

Hi all, I know nobodys a doctor here but wondered if maybe someone could offer me some advice.

I have been going to the doctors for probably 10 years because I believed I was having problems with my pill. I was getting extreme mood swings, really high and low with no pattern and have always put it down to this.

However, it seems to be getting worse the older I get (I am now off the pill.) I am having very bad bouts of depression but also times which are really great. I have been to the doctors for depression.

What concerns me a bit though is the depression doesn't really cause me problems. I get myself into trouble only when I'm in a good mood. I have lost my husband of 9 years due to this because I can act out of charachter. Go and blow the rent money on spending sprees etc for stuff I don't even want. He says it was like living with 2 people because I could go from being so down to so happy for no reason.

Anyway, I have recently been referred to a councillor/therapist through my doctor (just waiting for appt.) for depresiion. If it is more than depression will a councillor know.

I have had some anti-depressants from my doctor (mirtazapine) and almost instantly became full of energy which is great and nothing at all is bothering me. I don't need much sleep and I 'm having a really good time just getting on and having fun! I have told my dr this and she said it was good that they worked so quickly. Just a bit confused really how to keep my moods in check!

M

mad as a hatter

the only thing i an suggest is keeping a diary off how ur moods r between the times u have 2 wait 2 c the counsller and that migt give them a better idea off what,s wrong with u