• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Possessive aggressive behaviour

M

Mary87

Hello everyone,

I need a few words of advice if anyone experianced possessive aggressive partner behaviour? I'm stuck in a relationship where i'm constantly being blamed for everything, being told i'm worthless and crazy nearly everyday... My partner controls me also, wants to know who i'm seeing, what I spoke about over coffee with my girls, comments on what I'm wearing, hates my family, wants me to stop speaking to my family... He goes cold after arguments saying he can't trust me or that he doesn't feel anything for me. Then after a few days he's being a compleyely different person... Is there any cure for this?

Thank you.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum.

I don't have the experience but just wanted to welcome you.

M

Mary87

Thank you! This is the first time ever that I have even thought about sharing a relationship problem on a forum. Guess I'm really stuck :)

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Is there any cure for this?
Unless he is fully aware and conscious of his own behaviour (it sounds like he isn't) and wants to change (it sounds like he doesn't) then i'd be inclined to say no.
It's a trap that people fall in, thinking they can make someone better and that it's ok if your partner isn't loving, because you've got enough love for the both of you... except it never works out. It just leaves you feeling in more pain.
I have to agree with RR - abandon ship.

mixtape02

mixtape02

These are traits of an abuser, like others have stated above. If you feel like you love him, you could point this out. Matter of factly say the things you told us and say "Those are things abusers do" and tell him it crosses your boundaries. You obviously don't allow this in relationships and no one in their right mind would want this. Say that the way he is acting is a deal breaker for you and you won't continue to be controlled. If he first apologizes because he hurts you, and even wants to change and acknowledges his faults, you can see if he stops doing those things, but I doubt it. It doesn't sound to me like he has even cared about your feelings.