• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Positivity Can kiss my yellow daffodil ass

fazza

fazza

Well i was offered CBT 5 times over the years by different doctors and it never happend.

So i took the self help option. Learned how to change negative thinking in to positive thoughts.

Got myself a job Ended my benefit claims working hard with overtime constantly being driven by positive thoughts.

Requested a second opinion on my diagnosis.
Was told i am ill but not ill.
How the hell i am supposed to remain positive about that prognosis.
Ill but not ill
May as well take a fucking m&m sweet instead of all the crap that steals creativity

Positivity sucks

fazza

fazza

We have death destruction famine. Religions fighting religions. company greed. Food banks for the most genuine people in the uk. Job cuts and generaly misery for many. Yet these many represent the good yet are repressed. hidden away in a corner tarnished as being mental

We have people who are suffering with Psychosis treated by the general public as psychopaths. People who are depressed told to pull their socks up. Kick after kick we get and nothing ever happens.

I am done with being positive. Fuck it, Fuck them. Fuck the system.

I have always worked paid in to the system. for what. What do i get in return
NOTHING

J

Jonathan_P

For me developing a "Positive Mindset" (etc.) has been instrumental in my recovery. Honestly don't know where I would be without it. I suppose everyone is different though. I think if you can name just 1 - 3 positive things about having your illness it's better than just being completely "negative" (etc.)