• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

positives of bipolar

megirl

megirl

I think I am a little hypomanic currently, losing weight and I have loads of energy. I feel great I feel excited not too sure about that one. I can get so much done. At this stage no anxiety
My sleeping not as good as it should be but I feel better with it
The buzz i miss but its here at the moment
Luckily I havnt been spending which is good. I would love to but no I need to focus on paying back my credit card bill, I am going away for a week next week. Got to keep a handle on spending. I am going to limit my money then keep to my budget
I already have too many clothes i dont get too wear. I love jewelery and have that to pay off at least its interest free.You can only wear a few things at a time.
At least I will wear it but I dont very often have anywhere flash to go.
I have to stay away from shops.
AND when I am like this I dont even feel like drinking alcohol i dont need to i feel good
enjoying the moment

U

utter madness

Oh dear I understand about not buying I've spent around 1500 pounds so far and trying put the brakes on it now is very difficult but I'm trying

megirl

megirl

I find it hard once i am already in debt
its like I have fucked up so who cares too bad etc
But no i must stay away from the shops
I do suffer from indecisiveness when i am like this
Last week I decided i absolutely had to buy a new black skirt.
There were 4 I tried on and of course I liked all 4
I was thinking well I may as well get my favourite 2.
Then I rationalised with myself and decided I didnt need another skirt and had indeed too many clothes anyway lol!!
I guess I did well

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

Yep, I understand the mad spending sprees and impulsivity.

I buy tons and tons of books I don't need and will probably never read. At the time of buying I get all inspired and excited and think "this stack of books I'm going to by will make me a better, deeper, wiser person!"

There's barely any room left in my dorm to shelf all these books and there's no way I'll be able to fit them all in my tiny bedroom back home.

Honestly though, there's far worse things I could spend tons of money on than books. I know a guy with a big gambling addiction. Yikes!

B

blueorange

I think I am a little hypomanic currently, losing weight and I have loads of energy. I feel great I feel excited not too sure about that one. I can get so much done. At this stage no anxiety
My sleeping not as good as it should be but I feel better with it
The buzz i miss but its here at the moment
Luckily I havnt been spending which is good. I would love to but no I need to focus on paying back my credit card bill, I am going away for a week next week. Got to keep a handle on spending. I am going to limit my money then keep to my budget
I already have too many clothes i dont get too wear. I love jewelery and have that to pay off at least its interest free.You can only wear a few things at a time.
At least I will wear it but I dont very often have anywhere flash to go.
I have to stay away from shops.
AND when I am like this I dont even feel like drinking alcohol i dont need to i feel good
enjoying the moment
Hi :)
Do you take any drugs? I'm asking because I just want to learn why some people with bipolar don't take any mood stabilizers. And why I am taking :S

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I last took mood stabilisers about 7 years ago. didn't take them for long even then. cant say they steadied my mood as I was manic as it generally gets and took a very stupid risk up a arctic mountain.

sounds like I'm making that up doesnt it? lol

strange life it's been for me at turns...

how do I cope?

I harness the energies. even if I make a tit out of myself online, I'm good to go. I write a lot. record videos. go on long walks and hikes. take risks and the responsibility of them. sleep is a pain in the derriere.

because I've been doing this for many many years and for the most part haven't taken any drugs, I've had to learn ways of dealing with stuff. but of course there have been lots of losses and heartaches and mistakes. just more than happens to most. and that's not a boast. I'd rather it hadn;t been so.

I don't know what it feels like for you. they group people under the same umbrella but I think take five people with any one diagnosis and no two will be much alike, except in very, very general terms.

I think creativity is vey important for the energy-gifted/cursed.

and something performative, when high, is about as good as it gets. these energies are not suited to sitting down and watching tv. mean no insinuation by that, it's just am example.

the lows generally don't respond well even for the people taking drugs. in fact the drugs are generally sedating so my impression is people suffer far more with lows. which is a tragedy in many ways.

K

Katss

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Am gonna go on the Tv show the Undateables, become a super star charity fundraiser and live in a fairy princess gold plated penthouse in the sky.... Yea see if I
Do.

Katss

B

blueorange

I last took mood stabilisers about 7 years ago. didn't take them for long even then. cant say they steadied my mood as I was manic as it generally gets and took a very stupid risk up a arctic mountain.

sounds like I'm making that up doesnt it? lol

strange life it's been for me at turns...

how do I cope?

I harness the energies. even if I make a tit out of myself online, I'm good to go. I write a lot. record videos. go on long walks and hikes. take risks and the responsibility of them. sleep is a pain in the derriere.

because I've been doing this for many many years and for the most part haven't taken any drugs, I've had to learn ways of dealing with stuff. but of course there have been lots of losses and heartaches and mistakes. just more than happens to most. and that's not a boast. I'd rather it hadn;t been so.

I don't know what it feels like for you. they group people under the same umbrella but I think take five people with any one diagnosis and no two will be much alike, except in very, very general terms.

I think creativity is vey important for the energy-gifted/cursed.

and something performative, when high, is about as good as it gets. these energies are not suited to sitting down and watching tv. mean no insinuation by that, it's just am example.

the lows generally don't respond well even for the people taking drugs. in fact the drugs are generally sedating so my impression is people suffer far more with lows. which is a tragedy in many ways.
Thank you for the reply:)

I don't mind mania now, but depression, it will kill me.
You're right by the way. I started drugs with major depression. Yes they cured me, at least woke me up. Then I didn't like mood stabilizers and stop using them. Then mania. And again mood stabilizers and now I'm low.
My pdoc added abilify to my drugs but this thing never stops. I mean finding the right drug and being really stable seems impossible.