• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Positive?

X

xxxmetal-chickxxx

Well i can fairly say. i been really good and stopped self-harming.. i know i should be writing this on the sh forum but i self harmed because im suffering with depression. i was a bit active on this site for a while a couple of months ago. so its not like im a stranger to this forum.

CBT... so didn't work for me.. i did have referrals, blah blah blah... but still with the ... you should think about anti depressants.. i on the other hand have taken the opposite approach. All my fears of going outside.. the motivation.. the urm everything is still there just.. i feel im being bad and pressing it down to the very bottom knowing... what could be a few days, few months, few years tooo really come back and bite me in the bum... that didnt make sence but i really can be bothered retyping it. I mean im still depressed.. oh aye .. having my moments.. I did go on holiday .. a stress...less...ful holiday... without the self harm i have NO outlet to my feelings at all... i dont put myself in those situations .. those moments when i feel really low.. its gonna sound gross but i dont have a bath anymore.. ... i have a shower like but adleast im not thinking way too much.... with me thinking too much thinks about what my mind is telling me.. i still get that voice of give in... give in...

summer is here . and i cant hide away... its a shame to my daughter... so.... me ranting on is actually asking ... how find an outlet... a stress outlet than thinking about se;f harming and being really depresssed?

T

TOONAFISH

:clap:

well done on the sh. i find a great outlet is excercise. running esp. or just swimming etc. it is good at preventing the need to sh and when you are actually going to sh to get right out of the house and run. not always poss.

glad you have done so well xxxxxxxx

X

xxxmetal-chickxxx

hello back again,

yes gym 3x a week, my stress outlet, unfortunate as it may be, i started sh'ing again.

but to be fair, my husband is in afghan, and my mums in hospital, so allowed to panick...

M

maudikie

No need to panic. If your Mother is in hospital I h ope she sis not too bad. As your husband is an Afghan it will be a very difficult time for you. When you go to visit your mother get him to go along with you. Is there an difficulty either between you or your husband and others with language. If so I would suggest that he gets some evening classes in English language. It is so easy to mistake meanings if language is difficult.
Take care, and I hope your Mother will soon be better.

X

xxxmetal-chickxxx

no i mean hes a soldier .. fighting in afghan, my mums urm... getting better, i cant visit her coz i live in germany ,,, my husband was posted over here from uk. so i felt abit down, coz i couldnt help my mum, and my husband is away...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Depression Forum 4