• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Poor services for Hearing Voices

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i hear a lot about the hearing voices network but the meds mostly stop the voices i applied for a brent mind hearing voices group, the women running it said i wasn't bothered by hearing voices and the people there are bothered by hearing voices, i think she reckoned i'd be a disruptive influence

brent mind has since closed due to cuts i contacted camden mind about their hearing voices group they said as i was out of borough i'd have to pay, they mentioned direct payments but in the real world i've applied and been turned down, it went all the way to the parliamentary ombudsaman who referred me back to brent council, i saw a social worker who told me to find god

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Folk do not understand hearing voices. They really do not have any idea.

I heard about direct payments but that was as close as I got to it during my time in recovery.

Z

Zuiese

Taking a break
i hear a lot about the hearing voices network but the meds mostly stop the voices i applied for a brent mind hearing voices group, the women running it said i wasn't bothered by hearing voices and the people there are bothered by hearing voices, i think she reckoned i'd be a disruptive influence

brent mind has since closed due to cuts i contacted camden mind about their hearing voices group they said as i was out of borough i'd have to pay, they mentioned direct payments but in the real world i've applied and been turned down, it went all the way to the parliamentary ombudsaman who referred me back to brent council, i saw a social worker who told me to find god
This is a typical experience and continues for years. Thank You for posting.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
When my Occupational Therapist was trying to find me something to do with my time while on benefits she told me of the hearing voices group in the city but she said I didn't struggle with my voice so I wasn't suitable for the group.

I had to find a men's mental health talking group in a nearby town and they welcomed me with open arms. I'm the only hearer in the group but that's ok they're a great bunch of gents.

I have plenty of friends who hear voices and I can talk openly with them as well.

Z

Zuiese

Taking a break
When my Occupational Therapist was trying to find me something to do with my time while on benefits she told me of the hearing voices group in the city but she said I didn't struggle with my voice so I wasn't suitable for the group.

I had to find a men's mental health talking group in a nearby town and they welcomed me with open arms. I'm the only hearer in the group but that's ok they're a great bunch of gents.

I have plenty of friends who hear voices and I can talk openly with them as well.
Well done I am glad it worked out, me I've been running around the chicken run seeking opportunities for years, apart from getting clued up a little and missing getting set up by the perp's.