• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

police chief

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
I have heard about a chief of police being found dead and how I wish i had the guts to do the same - be found dead.

Many people say that he had a promising future ahead and I can identify with that as to those around me I appear to have every thing to live for - so why do i feel s**t?

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
anne

you've been doing so well ...

its just a blip... ride it out :hug::flowers:

M

Michael

Founding Member
Maybe it is because although we feel s**t we can still offload via this forum.
It doesn't make it right but (for me) it helps to share the burden in my head.

In my public life I can not talk to anyone about myself or how I feel, this is something my wife gets really annoyed with me about, especially when I can and do, listen to anyone elses problems.

I have been at the brink a few times, and pulled back by writing on forums such as these, so I can offload and share whilst still remaining anonymous.

I wish we could outreach to all people and get them to consider the different ways in which they may be able to offload or share then maybe such tragic incidents will reduce.

My heart and sympathies go out to his family and friends who now shoulder the burden of not only the grief of his sudden death but also the intrusiveness of the media who only interest appears to be to sensationalise the tragedy.
I do take events like this personally as I believe we do not, as humanity, give the support (or are taught where the support is) at times when we are most vulnerable.

Michael

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
anne

its just a blip... QUOTE]

this is some blip

sorry anne i didn't mean to sound dismissive and flippant :(

often things in the news can trigger our bad feelings even when we've been plodding along in a straight line for little while ....

it's the old roller coaster... you go along a straight ,,, then you plummet down , even out again , maybe slowly ascend a little , straighten out again , only to be surprised by the sudden 90 degree drop :scared::scared:

hang on tight :hug::hug:

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
thanks

i have just assessed how much medication i have to hand and i am sure it would solve my problems

M

Michael

Founding Member
What problems?

A problem shared is a problem halved

Michael

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
have you got someone you can ring anne ??
tried calling samaritans but they palmed me off to talk to victim support.

don't want to bother GP as I have an appointment on friday

M

Michael

Founding Member
Samaritans are trained not to fob you off to any other agency - or even mention them!
You can always try again or even E mail them.

Or whilst here talk with us

Michael

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
the GP is there to be bothered ... i'm sure they wouldn't mind you ringing ..

PM me if you want

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
samaritan's phone line is engaged

M

Michael

Founding Member
Ring the National number it automatically scans until it finds the nearest phone not engaged!

Your local number should do the same, please keep trying

Michael

D

Dollit

This is what irresponsible and speculative journalism triggers. I am furious at the press and the media on this one. If he took his own life we don't need the sordid details and the speculation. And vulnerable people (not just those on this forum) do not need the constant reminders of what may happen to them. :mad:

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
This is what irresponsible and speculative journalism triggers. I am furious at the press and the media on this one. If he took his own life we don't need the sordid details and the speculation. And vulnerable people (not just those on this forum) do not need the constant reminders of what may happen to them. :mad:

just sparked a negative flow with me - so thanks for your support.

i did get through to samaritans eventually - they must have been busy - engaged tone for a while then constantly being redirected - it took quite a while before someone answered