• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Pointlessness

T

Thisway

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Is there a way out of feeling completely pointless? Like once nothing matters, can it matter again?

It feels nothing has any meaning. Even serious stuff seems like a joke to me. I have a very dark sense of humour and was once fine with that but some of the things i think and say are so overtly nasty i wonder if i am too far gone. Sometimes i see it as healthy cynicism but i think i just hate modern life and see most things as bullshit.

Ultimately, whether we are happy or not we all die. It seems to me effort and joy and believing in something don't particularly matter.

Help!!

calypso

calypso

Admin
Is there a point to life? I don't know. I go for the simple things in life which give it meaning like children, the beauty of nature etc. But feeling this way is often depression and I think that personally I would go to a doc and tell them you feel this way. Depression clouds all our perceptions into a black tunnel vision which can't see outside of itself.

T

Thisway

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks calypso. Yes, it can seem and feel like depression. Its cruel that bleakness and hopelessness makes so much sense, and hope and joy be so fleeting and preposterous.