• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Poets? Artists? An opportunity to express yourself.

I

IOPan

Hi, I have recently been working collaboratively on a new website project - that publishes artwork/poetry and articles of people who have experienced mental health difficulties. I'm bipolar and my friend is schizophrenic; so we both understand the way creative work can provide releif from our mental health conditions. The website is at www.wakeyourmind.co.uk
We hope to build an online community of artists poets and commentators. We work voluntarily and all is not-for-profit. Please feel free to submit your work.

C

coraline1664

The website looks very interesting, thank you.

Liz

W

warriorprincess

hey id.'d love to submit some stuff. are you able to tell me more about it? it would probably be poetry i have written. thank you, and great idea xxx

I

IOPan

Hello warriorprincess... The magazine 'Wake Your Mind' has been produced and run by Nigel Pearce for the last 7 years. It has always been distributed free of charge around Warwickshire and it has provided over the years an outlet for mental health service users to share their poems, thoughts, artwork, essays and articles. This year I got together with Nigel to discuss the posibility of producing an online version of the magazine, with the intention of reaching a far wider audiance that the web can offer. So far this spring is our first online magazine and it has already recieved a lot of interest. We hope to encourage marginalised people and those who feel excluded from the mainstream to take up use of the internet and feel safe to produce and publish work. We hope to organise the archieves of the previous issues and provide them as downloads. We also hope to publish people's music and videos. All work is considered for publication - apart from anything which is considered related to 'hatred'. Do feel free to send in your poetry, or indeed any creative works or thoughts.
Kind Regards, Richard.