• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Podcast: Anti-psychiatry vs Psychiatry

D

dreambuggieII

Contentious, but I love it.

As a nutcase myself, I will never be able to brandish a flag against treatment or say stuff that will make change happen. As I feel there is much, much to debate.

Debate: wonderful. Let's always hear both sides - always.

I felt this is a good podcast, from good speakers and hey face a room of psychiatrists without being there!!( I jest)

Do have a listen if you have time.

I'm very thankful that there's always "the other side" to things - and so well put.

Happy listening in the safe knowledge, that discussion at least still exists.

http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/podcast/rs...tipsychiatry_is_dead_long_live_psychiatry.mp3

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Excellent link. I have met some of the academics at IoP, and this podcast does not suprise me at all. Good to hear it tho', thanks for the link!!!

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
ummmmmmmmm

right very interesting
1 to deny the genetic componant of schizophrenia is truly laughable my grandad had scitzophrenia, my dad has it and i have it.
2 can you descibe a patient eating his own excrement "hypersane"
3 it was all your mothers fault?????? i know this NOT to be the case why mothers?? i believe this to be subtle sexism the fathers arent mentioned.
laing was full of shit this IS a brain disease and no amount of hanging out with a patient is going to cure them. i believe his theory has and would ifit as implimented completely DESTROY FAMILY REALTIONSHIPS.

schiz01

schiz01

That first speaker sounded like a real cow.....i would hate to be under her care

I think what the guy said at the very end about psychiatry being the only profession that had to live with the fact that they often do more harm then good about sums things up.

D

dreambuggieII

lol - I'd defo get an increase on my meds if I said that to her!

A

Apotheosis

Psychiatry is an Industry of Death -

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVUrE9LiW9Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVUrE9LiW9Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

D

dreambuggieII

man....whatta mess apothesis

gonna post it on my facebook

society don't give a damn until they're facing it themselves. Can't blame em really as our lives are never simple.

I've had a pint - so ima ok for the next few hours....

just got text message from friend, who said I was being "manic" last night.

I'm fed up with every nuance in my brain as being labled an illness. Freedom to feel...is my option. I'm not too distressed, its all manageable....err i think.

keep smiling (even if its a lie) (hey ho)

my best

dreambuggie

A

Apotheosis

I'm fed up with every nuance in my brain as being labled an illness. Freedom to feel...is my option. I'm not too distressed, its all manageable....err i think.
To my understanding; powerful emotions & depth of feeling are a sign of maturity & a strong spirit - such things are not pathological; as orthodox psychiatry would have us all believe. :rolleyes:

D

dreambuggieII

omg:related to Psychiatry of Death

Just going through, the documentary.

Didn't think aversion therapy using electrodes was legal on kids, in 2009. Just did a bit of googleing on the Judge Rotenburg Center - whatta bunch of w*****.

Poor kids, stupid parents. What to say eh?

http://www.judgerc.org/faqs.html

The reports were even glossier, loved the rainbow on their website. Whatta bunch of c***.