PND/Depression Voices telling me things

T

topsy

I heard a mans voice years ago, but nothing for 6 ish years. I have Postnatal depression?depression anxiety and am on meds. now i here people talking to me, but they seem so loud at times, i turn round expecting someone to be behind me, even though I can be in bed, and the bed is against the wall :( they are telling me I am a bad mummy and not doing the right thing and to shut him up-when he was crying.

The crisis team came out last night to asses me and they are coming out at least once a day for the next 3 days, involving my HV, and possible social services, I am scared stiff. They are sending out a phycacytrist on mon.

I hate being like this. I am SH to try and block them out and let out the pain. But even thats not helping. i love my little boy, but am a horrible mummy all he dose is see me cry.

keepsafe

keepsafe

You are not a horrible mummy, you are suffering. ((((hugs)))) I hope that the crisis team and social services will be able to help you - don;t be scared and also don;t listen to what the voices are saying, try challenging them or telling them to F off!

It's awful hearing voices, but what they say isn;t right - I hope that you recieve some help soon.

KS
xxxxx

R

Rose19602

Hey,
I struggled when I had my twins. I felt like the worst mother in the world and would wake up at night convinced that I was doing them huge harm just by being their mother. Their cries went through me like knives...it was really hard to cope.

I'm actually pleased that the help has been called in for you. My problems were milder and went under the radar for a long time because I internalised them. It is good that you are seeing these professionals. PND is understood and treatable. They will help you deal with motherhood and help you bond with your baby.
This is a safe way forward and will help you both in the long term.
Try not to be frightened and go with it. Things will improve in time.
x

PAULA120

PAULA120

voices are not your friends. You are a wonderful mother. and only you can assess how it is. no one else has this right. I hope that the treatment will bring you improvement and relief: *