• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

PMT & BPD

V

Vegay

This might be a stupid question, but can a womans bpd symptoms worsen during their menstral cycle?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Hormone changes
plus BPD or depression or anxiety or bipolar disorder
it is perhaps an extra thing we have to deal with

I do feel most months for me i have very noticeable symptoms. I might feel more irritable, restless, hot, need more food, headaches, i don't know as i also have a mental illness and there is always something going on :) stress, sleep problems, diet, not getting out for my walks, everything seems to affect me, it is hard to pinpoint it sometimes.

Do you take vitamins? Vitamin D is important this time of year, and a walk every day is so important. Oily fish or fish oils. Veg at the moment like sprouts, i mash up with potatoes. Protein, bananas, nuts, it is important we get food sorted to remove that potential mood changer.

V

Vegay

Thank you for this response.
I've been declining again lately but I'm also on my monthly so I googled it and apparently there can be a correlation between that and bpd.

Funnily enough I have recently starting eating kale and taking vitamin d supplements as I realised I was barley getting any in my diet.

D

dewey

Thank you for this response.
I've been declining again lately but I'm also on my monthly so I googled it and apparently there can be a correlation between that and bpd.

Funnily enough I have recently starting eating kale and taking vitamin d supplements as I realised I was barley getting any in my diet.
out of interest how old are you and have you been tested for PCOS
this is also highly linked to mental illness, and mental illness worsening around times of menstruation

Blue Opal

Blue Opal

ACCOUNT CLOSED
This might be a stupid question, but can a womans bpd symptoms worsen during their menstral cycle?
They definitely do for me. I know when my period is coming because I'll be more emotional than usual; more irritable and depressed.

V

Vegay

this is also highly linked to mental illness, and mental illness worsening around times of menstruation
Hey. I'm 30... unfortunately

D

Dagoon

Yes! Mine do. Every month my bpd symptoms get so much worse.

D

Dagoon

I have had pcos. I got diagnosed in my early 20s. Its agony without the bpd. With both its like living my own personal hell.
Also my thoughts worsen. Making me hate myself so much more then normal.

B

BorderlineQueen

I always get worse around my period time. It's really awful. I get so down on myself, skip out on work, and feel like I can't breathe. I just want to rip out my ovaries sometimes, but that's not a given it will make things better. Diet and exercise will--it's just hard when I have these monster carb cravings. I feel so weak.

D

dewey

I always get worse around my period time. It's really awful. I get so down on myself, skip out on work, and feel like I can't breathe. I just want to rip out my ovaries sometimes, but that's not a given it will make things better. Diet and exercise will--it's just hard when I have these monster carb cravings. I feel so weak.
diet and exercise are pretty much the only way around it, yeah