• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

PMHG

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
I have just got back from the February meeting of the PMHG. There was a presentation by the new head of Community Involvement at the Trust (I think I have the title right) who explained that they were taking the opportunity presented by a management restructuring and the fact that the people who provided the admin support (and in effect ran) the PMHG have left to 're-assess' the relationship between the Trust and the PMHG. There was a lot of talk about making more use of volunteers (meaning service users).

I asked about consultation and was told they didn't need to do any as nothing was really changing!

I don't wish to be overly pessimistic but the impression I was left with is that BSMHFT wants to wind up the PMHG - but to do so in a way which will leave them blameless. This can be done by shifting the onus onto 'volunteers'. It was revealed that the PCTs are putting their own budget for Mental Health promotion work out to tender so anything could happen there.

If the PMHG does disappear it will be a big blow as it was a vital clearing house and central point for MH Service Users - the loss of the events calendar alone would be massive.

I will report on how things go but at the moment I am really :mad:. The first acts of the Foundation Trust in respect of MH promotion and positive Mental Health campaigning appear wholly destructive.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
The AGM of the PMHG (sorry! :)) is on Thursday 26th March at 2.30 at BVSC (top end of Digbeth). If anyone wants to go but feels a bit apprehensive I am happy to meet up at about 2.20 outside - just let me know here or via pm.

Normally I would be really enthusiastic in urging people to attend but because of my gloom about the PMHG (see above post) I can't really this year - however there are a lot of good people there.

Nick.

J

jamesdean

I just wanted to say that I attened the pmhg yesterday and it will be held at the bvsc for this remainder of this year, which is a really good thing in itself.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Many thanks jd - and apologies for my absence; another episode I'm afraid. Will try and catch up as I go along.

J

jamesdean

You dont have to apoigizeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for absence.
I wiil send you a pm later and up date you of the actions of the trust and the pmhg the last meeting was extremely positive.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Thanks jd :). Really good to hear the last meeting was positive.

Nick.