• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

PMDD

Bellaone

Bellaone

The sadness and intensity of emotions become almost unbearable at this time.

Faith198

Faith198

I’m in the process of getting diagnosed with this.
I don’t know how you feel but I honestly get suicidal before it’s that time of the month.
Extreme anxiety too. It’s like everything is intensified. My whole life changes for a week leading up to a period and then the week of my period is bad too. I’m almost a completely different person during it

Bellaone

Bellaone

I’m sorry you suffer too. I feel like I completely change and then when my period comes I usually feel calmer. It’s really difficult. Anxiety is much worse for me too, I slept for hours today to get away from some of it. I feel like a bubbling bag of emotions waiting to explode.

Faith198

Faith198

I’m sorry you suffer too. I feel like I completely change and then when my period comes I usually feel calmer. It’s really difficult. Anxiety is much worse for me too, I slept for hours today to get away from some of it. I feel like a bubbling bag of emotions waiting to explode.
I know exactly what you mean. It’s like you can’t wait for your period to just happen already so you don’t feel so awful. I can’t find anything to help it. I too just sleep it all away. I’m sorry you deal with that so bad. Being a woman is hard tbh.

I don’t know If you take this already or not but I believe they can put you on antidepressants for like two weeks (the week before and week during) and it can decrease the intensity. Birth control also helps but that has a lot of side effects.
Either way I hope you find something that helps. It is really tough :hug:

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
I have PMDD, well diagnosed with severe PMS. It sucks.
What treatment are you on?

JessisMe

JessisMe

I had severe pms/pmdd and managed it with regular sleep, very little caffeine, exercise, exposure to sunlight and most importantly MILK. When I followed this regimen things were more or less normal. When I veered off of it anxiety, swollen and bloated feelings,
aches and pains, fatigue, depression and deeply suicidal feelings would begin to creep in.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I had severe pms/pmdd and managed it with regular sleep, very little caffeine, exercise, exposure to sunlight and most importantly MILK. When I followed this regimen things were more or less normal. When I veered off of it anxiety, swollen and bloated feelings,
aches and pains, fatigue, depression and deeply suicidal feelings would begin to creep in.
This was recommended to me
by my nurse practitioner. I was already on anti depressants and they didn’t want to put me on birth control because they were
concerned about me gaining too much weight.

Bellaone

Bellaone

Hi Helena1 I’m sorry you suffer too. I was taking antidepressants already and am waiting to hear about hormone medication, I’m not sure about that.

Bellaone

Bellaone

Hi JessisMe, I’m sorry you have suffered with this too. Thank you for sharing what helped you. Did milk need to be cut out or added? I’m glad it helped.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi JessisMe, I’m sorry you have suffered with this too. Thank you for sharing what helped you. Did milk need to be cut out or added? I’m glad it helped.
Drinking milk seemed to relax and soothe everything. I found that, combined with the rest, I had very few problems when I was regularly drinking milk.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Other Conditions and Experiences 6