• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Pls help cant go up stairs without being out of breath..

J

Johntron9999

33 years old 200 pounds. ive been feeling off for a long time now i dont think its just mental health because ive had depression and anxiety since a teen. i cant go up stairs or exert myself without being entirley out of breath, i feel breathless even at rest. these are not panic attacks because the anxiety doesnt ever let off its constant. i constantly have cold feet, dry hair and skin, im mentally exhausted. i was thinking my thryoids was not tested fully they only did the 2 basic tests and not a reverse t3 or other ones. this is NOT just anxiety like alot of doctors blame it on. even eating to much food and even sitting down or laying down i have trouble breathing. after i try exercising i get overwhelmed with adrenaline and entirley stressed out. it takes hours or even a full day for me to recover just from walking down to the store and im not super overweight either. something is off does anyone have anything similar or information or ideas on this??

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
You might just be unfit, you can lose your fitness very quickly if you don't do your usual amount of exercise.
Can't you get blood test privately if your usual provider won't do them where you are?

J

Johntron9999

You might just be unfit, you can lose your fitness very quickly if you don't do your usual amount of exercise.
Can't you get blood test privately if your usual provider won't do them where you are?
i have had blood tests they say its ok but they only did 2 basic tests for the thyroid. thyroid issues go misdiagnosed all the time. i cant seem to maintain muscle and lose weight. i just feel constant anxiety and depression and before i could exert myself take a 10 minute break and be fine now its just to taxing i cant recover and go up 1 flight of stairs without pacing myself and feeling exhausted. if i was more overweight i could see that but a a year or so back i was the same weight same size and i could run, walk, etc stairs were not an issue. been going down hill since the past 1.5 years and its horrible ty

JessisMe

JessisMe

i have had blood tests they say its ok but they only did 2 basic tests for the thyroid. thyroid issues go misdiagnosed all the time. i cant seem to maintain muscle and lose weight. i just feel constant anxiety and depression and before i could exert myself take a 10 minute break and be fine now its just to taxing i cant recover and go up 1 flight of stairs without pacing myself and feeling exhausted. if i was more overweight i could see that but a a year or so back i was the same weight same size and i could run, walk, etc stairs were not an issue. been going down hill since the past 1.5 years and its horrible ty
Do you have asthma?

Rowan

Rowan

You sound a bit like me when I had thyroid problems.

I kept feeling exhausted and the GP said my thyroid blood test result was borderline. They did eventually give me thyroid medication and I have felt much better since then, much less tired and more energy.

If I were you I would go back and ask for a test again or pay privately for a proper test. I'm in the UK so I have no idea how much it would cost where you live.

J

Johntron9999

Do you have asthma?
i dont know if i have asthma because i dont get weezing. but i probably have GERD which stomach acid deffinitley can affect your lungs and breathing. is it possable to have asthma without the wheezing?

JessisMe

JessisMe

i dont know if i have asthma because i dont get weezing. but i probably have GERD which stomach acid deffinitley can affect your lungs and breathing. is it possable to have asthma without the wheezing?
I’m not sure. Might worth looking into.
Seems young for a blood clot or heart failure.

J

Johntron9999

I’m not sure. Might worth looking into.
Seems young for a blood clot or heart failure.
i just got back from the doctor and told him i cant bend over or go up stairs and i cough up and spit out phlem in the morning and when i walk and he says its probably asthma. i hope thats it so i know what the dang issue is. i have a lung test tomorrow

JessisMe

JessisMe

i just got back from the doctor and told him i cant bend over or go up stairs and i cough up and spit out phlem in the morning and when i walk and he says its probably asthma. i hope thats it so i know what the dang issue is. i have a lung test tomorrow
Asthma affects a lot of
people and is relatively easy to treat...
sounds like good news to me!
😊👍

J

Johntron9999

Asthma affects a lot of
people and is relatively easy to treat...
sounds like good news to me!
😊👍
thanks! i hope i have answers tomorrow. the weird thing is that i dont have any wheezing but the doctor said you can still have asthma without the wheezing