• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Pleasure is the only profound, good, and transcending experience in life

M

MattMVS7

Pleasure is the only profound, good, and transcending experience in life

I am the "high" type of person who needs and relies on profound feelings of pleasure to make me and my life good and worth living. I am the type of person who transcends in life through human life force (pleasure). I experience very profound feelings of transcendence through my pleasure. I do not experience any sense of transcendence or anything of the sort whatsoever from my thoughts, intelligence, and creativity alone without my pleasure. These things are all nothing more than just neutral conscious experiences that are nothing good or profound as I've said before. They are all neutral in of themselves and it has nothing to do with us attributing any neutral value or any other value to them. So I am the transcending life-embracing type of person. This makes me a more profound, great, and innocent person since I am more of a human being. I am not and will never be the type of person who is the opposite who is content living life like a job with little to no feelings of pleasure in their lives. Being such a person would make me utterly inferior since I would no longer be this transcending god-like type of person. I would no longer be anything profound, great, or innocent. I would be "low-key" for staying in a low neutral state without my pleasure and being fine and content with that. I would be low (lesser of a human being) and would be an inferior human being who is nothing good at all with a life that is nothing good at all either. Only being "high" makes me the truly great and ultimate human being who would be the greatest person with a great life. If I can't get these transcending feelings of pleasure in my life, then I die. If my pleasure goes, then I go with it. I won't have it any other way.

Now there are people who say that you can have a transcending experience in life through your personality, intelligence, creativity, etc. alone without your pleasure. But this is false. These people are only attributing good value to those neutral things when they are all just neutral. There is a difference between our thoughts and such having good and profound meaning as opposed to them being good and profound conscious experiences. They may have good and profound meaning, but they are not profound good conscious experiences. They are, therefore, all good and bad in a neutral (fake) sense and are all neutral conscious experiences as I've stated before. Therefore, there is nothing transcending about our thoughts and such alone without our pleasure. So this is the reason why pleasure is the only truly good thing in life, suffering is the only truly bad thing in life, while everything else in life is neutral (neither truly good or bad). Again, everything else in life besides our own pleasure and suffering is all neutral and it has nothing to do with us attributing neutral value or any other value to those things. Even if you were to tell me right now that I would be an immortal god-like being by tomorrow who is free of suffering and can live an eternal life of bliss, I would view that as being the greatest moment of my life. I would view that as something god-like and I would have a thought of transcendence regarding myself. However, that would just be a thought of transcendence. It is not a transcending conscious experience. Only my pleasure can give me a transcending conscious experience. Only pleasure is the truly good profound experience in life since it feels good. Again, pleasure is all good feelings including love and motivation. I have completely lost all good feelings. I am not and will never be the type of person who just "lives life" like some job as I've said before. I am better than that and I am greater and more profound than that. I live life to experience it. I live life to have the only good, profound, and transcending experience there is in life which would be my pleasure.

M

MattMVS7

One last thing I would like to add before we discuss this is that even if we were to attribute a good value or perception to our thoughts and/or anything else in life without our pleasure, that good value and perception would still be nothing more than just a neutral value and perception in of themselves and they would only make us and our lives good in a neutral (fake) sense. Also, even if our attitudes, actions, and thoughts were to serve to bring us more pleasure in life in the future or if they only served to bring us nothing but suffering, that still wouldn't change the fact that those attitudes and such would still be neutral.

Although it would be true that I am not a good person without my pleasure since my hedonistic morals say so (which I deem as the true morals), I also have morals of my own that are independent of those hedonistic morals. These morals have value towards humanity and my own family and do say that I would be a good person for having value towards them and helping them out. Even though I would realize that such morals here would be fake and that I would only be a good person in a fake sense, I do live by these fake morals anyway since who I am as a person is someone compassionate, empathetic, and would not harm/demean others and would not choose to wrongfully not help them out in life. The non-hedonistic morals that have been established by humanity are the fake morals while the hedonistic morals I am presenting are the true ones. These fake morals say I have every right to have focus on myself as long as I am not harming/demeaning other innocent people. Even though those morals are fake, I live by these fake morals anyway to a certain degree.