• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Please tell me what the voices say to you. I am curious. Is it friendly or nasty?

TimelessVortex7

TimelessVortex7

Hi. I am interested in hearing voices stories. Tell me:
What time during the day you hear them?
Is it male or female?
What do they say?
Tell me everything.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
What time? Every waking moment!

Male.

Whines about being medicated all day long with intermittent singing.

TimelessVortex7

TimelessVortex7

What time? Every waking moment!

Male.

Whines about being medicated all day long with intermittent singing.
Every waking moment? Wow. That must be very irritating. Must be hard to concentrate on doing tasks right?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
It can be difficult to concentrate at times but my meds reduce the volume of 'him' by around 90-95%.

What are yours like?

TimelessVortex7

TimelessVortex7

It can be difficult to concentrate at times but my meds reduce the volume of 'him' by around 90-95%.

What are yours like?
I get them usually in the middle of sleep, from morning at 3 to 4am when the voices wake me up. Creepy, I know. I heard one male voice say "shhh". Another one I heard during a session with a mental health nurse, I heard whistling from voice during the therapy with a nurse.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Mine used to wake me up 5-6 times a night to talk about my dreams, so he's aware of what I dream about. Meds sorted that out right away, now I still wake up a couple of times during the night but that's just what I do naturally.

Don't you have full blown conversations with yours? In the beginning mine was incredibly chatty and I learned a lot from him but that soon lost it's appeal to me when he started to annoy me by never shutting up so I've not spoken a word to him for the past four years.

TimelessVortex7

TimelessVortex7

Mine is only saying things once at different times, so I couldn't have conversation with just one word answers. Maybe in the future, there will be conversation if they are friendly. If they're mean, I won't talk to them.

Them knowing your dreams and having a full conversation with them shows signs of real human personalities behind them. It's like real people.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
That's what I'd bet all my money on, them being real people, not quite like you or I but I believe mine is real.

Because of past conversations I've come to believe humans are a binary species, two minds sharing the one body, I'm the driver of the body in charge of motor control and my voice is my passenger along for the ride.

I found a book that believes the same, the author claims a small group of neurologists back in the 1960's did experiments on a very specific group of people and determined that our consciousness exists in the left hemisphere of the brain while our passenger exists in the right.

My voice didn't reveal himself to me until the age of 36 but when he did I became very curious as to what he was just like anyone would be curious.

My voice claims he's not isolated from others of his kind, he says he can speak to the passengers of other people by using brainwaves that we can't perceive (without the use of technology) in a kind of telepathic way, he could also read our brainwaves so could tell me what others of our kind were thinking and he demonstrated this with a a willing family member, she thought of a particular shape and I with the help of my voice told her what shape she was thinking of four times in a row before she got a little spooked by it.

Sadly my voice reports the medication I'm on prevents him from doing any of this, something about his electrical signals can't reach the parts of the brain that allow him to do this, so he can't speak to his own kind or read minds any more, but he's just so annoying with his constant talking I need the meds to make it tolerable, he says he's got ADHD and can't help it but I doubt that. He went 36 years without talking to me, surely he can spare me an hour or two each day where he gives me some silence.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Mine are 24/7, they're devil's very evil and nasty

D

ddjaz0

What is it? I have like lonely unwell people screaming about their sex lives it can be awful

GTP

GTP

They are just alters...
Mirrors,
Could you please elaborate?

I know alters from DID - Dissociative Identity Disorder . Are you saying they are related?

D

ddjaz0

Alters is like a part of your personality right ?

D

ddjaz0

Are you sure they’re part of your personality? It could be an externalization of self in an unhealthy way